Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm so far behind, it's not funny. I"m about a quarter way done with cemetery columns and I've build the PVC structure for a cauldron creep, but that' s it. I just haven't been in the mood this year.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I always feel like I am behind. I have two or three unfinished projects I wanted to have done this year. I think I can get them done still.
Once October 1st rolls around, I get the real motivation to get things done.

·
Registered
237 Posts
If every day were Halloween, it wouldn't feel so special.
Though, it would be nice to have a Halloween every 3 or 4 months, :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
If every day were Halloween, it wouldn't feel so special.
Though, it would be nice to have a Halloween every 3 or 4 months, :D
There are definitely semi-obscure holidays that honor the dead all through the year, e.g., Parentalia in February or the Hungry Ghost Festival in August.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I keep a notebook and a few pinterest boards.usually in a week I will start realizing several projects need to go to the next year pile....

·
Registered
460 Posts
I consider Halloween to be a half year to 3/4 year affair. I refer to it as the holiday season. So Summer hails the coming harvest of Fall. Fall is All Halloween All The Time OMG. And then winter is when everything is all dead. After the new year, there's a lull where I chill out. Then around March the specter of Halloween begins rising again.

I celebrate Monster Day about six months after Halloween. This involves getting discount holiday candy, then making monster related art while watching monster films. It helps keep the spooky spirit undead!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Omg I know! I thank my lucky stars that my backyard runs along the woods so that when I do my backyard haunt, I don't have to put that much effort into setting up the ambiance. The woods are creepy enough. I'm also lucky that no other house on my block (or my general neighborhood that I know of) puts on anything like I do, so expectations are low.

The thing driving me nuts right now are all of the invitations to stuff unrelated to Halloween that I'm getting for October. Weddings, baby showers, birthday parties! Don't these people know that I need my precious weekends to get all of my stuff done?!?! Can't they just rearrange their lives for me?!?!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Holy crap..... I just realized today is exactly 30 days until our annual halloween party! Oh man I need to step it up! And I haven't even finished the invites and they are usually out already!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts