Halloween Forum banner

Where would you most like to have a make and take?

• Seattle area

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Washington (somewhere other Seattle area)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oregon (somewhere other then Portland)

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a few Pacific Northwest profiles on the forum. I have yet to find any gatherings or make and takes in the area. I am not really in a position to host an event do to lack of space and the fact I have never organized or hosted anything. So I thought I would open up a line of conversation about possibly getting something together. In all of my internet searching I have seen that make and takes across the country draw participants from near and far. So I would assume(or hope) that a central location such as the Seattle area could draw participants from Oregon, Idaho, B.C. and Washington. Maybe even Montana or Northern California if it were to be more of a gathering. I also know these type of things start small and there are a few people very close to the Seattle area who might be able to help get the ball rolling. I don't know if there would be enough time to get too big of an event planned and put together before Halloween this year. However a small make and take might be something that could be planned and take place before the big push right before Halloween. Hopefully there will be a decent response to this and we can all work together to hash something out.

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Good idea, yardhauntjunkie. Having one in the Portland area (for those in N. Oregon and S. Washington) and one in the Seattle area might work. I am not sure just how far people would travel (esp. in this economic climate) for this type of get-together.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in the Seattle are and would be interested if time and finances allowed.
I totally agree on the cost. I am hoping that someone could volunteer a place to have a make and take. Other then that I think the cost would be solely based on what prop the group decides on making. If it were something like a FCG(Flying Crank Ghost) I think it would be very reasonable. Plus it would be something that could be made in a short time span. But, I think it might be good idea to wait for suggestions on what prop to make until there is more of a game plan on where and when the masses would want to meet. Glad to see there might be some interest!!!

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea, yardhauntjunkie. Having one in the Portland area (for those in N. Oregon and S. Washington) and one in the Seattle area might work. I am not sure just how far people would travel (esp. in this economic climate) for this type of get-together.
Yeah that is what this thread is for. I think the ideal thing would be for there to be some sort of small make and take planned in the greater Seattle area. This would be a good trial run for those involved in the planning. If this were to be a feasible game plan there would certainly be room for expansion at some later point, whether it was a few months later or the next year. I am also very interested in keeping this very economical as well. So if there was someone that had space to host such a event that would be great. The main options seem to be at someones house or at someplace like an event room. The event room would have a cost attached and someone's house would most likely have weather related issues(got to love Washington).

·
Master of my own Universe
975 Posts
I'm in Salem, Oregon, and would certainly welcome a northwest make and take in the Portland Area, as opposed to Seattle.

Maybe we need to take a straw poll of how many people would be interested in the group and where they would prefer to attend?

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Salem, Oregon, and would certainly welcome a northwest make and take in the Portland Area, as opposed to Seattle.

Maybe we need to take a straw poll of how many people would be interested in the group and where they would prefer to attend?
Great idea. I think right now we have 3 for Seattle area and 1 for Portland area. I personally am out if it is Oregon. But, if someone had a place that was free in Oregon that might help.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think so far in the short time this thread was posted that there are 5 or 6 people including me that would be interested in a make and take in the greater Seattle area. Also there are a few that want an Oregon one. But, I think a compromise could be met. I have seen a lot of other make and takes where people travel a lot farther then Portland to Seattle. Plus I was hoping to include some of our friends from north of the border.

So as of right now I think it might be safe to assume we could at least have a meet and great in the Seattle area. Maybe pick one easy prop that we could all make. Scatterbrains also suggested a show and tell. Basically everyone would bring a prop(other then the one we would be making) so the others in the group can see some new ideas and possibly come up with a prop for a later make and take. Plus it is always fun to see what other people are working on. I am not really the type of person who plans things so if anyone wants to take a leadership role in this endeavor, I am all for it. If not I will keep trying to judge reaction and possibly find a place that could accommodate a group of about 10(wishful thinking but 5 so far is a positive step). With a possible date of early May as a jumping off point.

·
Registered
453 Posts
things may be a little sketchy for me as I'm moving to Florida sometime in the next 3 months.
I would offer up my place, I'm probably too far for the portland folks though.
If I can make it though I will wherever it may be.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
things may be a little sketchy for me as I'm moving to Florida sometime in the next 3 months.
I would offer up my place, I'm probably too far for the portland folks though.
If I can make it though I will wherever it may be.
Well hopefully we can work something out before you leave. I couldn't get the pictures on your website to work. Whereabouts are you located(before you move to FL)?

·
Registered
453 Posts
perhaps we need to have a lightorama seminar too, show ya all how to setup, synch and we can trade music and ideas. I have a good supply of music but could always use more.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
perhaps we need to have a lightorama seminar too, show ya all how to setup, synch and we can trade music and ideas. I have a good supply of music but could always use more.
That could be really fun for a seminar. I think to involve more people in the beginning that we could start off with something a little more financially feasible. :) Then work our way up to something like that for those of us that are a little more crazy. :eek: I am still trying to recruit some more Northwest Haunters, so maybe a LOR seminar might entice some more.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
Well guys, I'm down for the Seattle area or even more north then that since I am Litemare's neighbor (actually a couple of blocks away) in Oak Harbor, WA. I have seen his set-up and he's the right guy for a lightorama how-to! plus our daughters think we are both nuts anyway. TK421, good job getting lightmare over here!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts