Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one year at Kings Island's Haunt, there was a room in one of the haunted houses where you had to walk through a room of noodles. In complete darkness. It was really scary because you could hear and almost feel an actor in the room with you, which there was. We're going to try to achieve the same effect so we shopped around a little bit for the cheapest noodles and found them 63 cent a piece at Walgreens. We bought 50 and wiped out two stores. Heres a pic of the goods. If you want to buy some I'd do it quick because it looked like they were on super-clearance. Walgreens probably wants them gone.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I did something similar a couple of years ago but use corrigated pipe that I hung from the ceiling. I used small, sping type clamps to hold my pipes in place. What are you going to use to attach the noodles to the ceiling?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I suppose you could use 1/2'' pvc "stubs" attach "L" brackets to them, mount to celing and slide the noodle over it. mabey alittle hot glue to tack it

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not sure how Kings Island did it but we're going to tie a thick piece of string to each rope and then tie about 5-6 noodles to a stick. I set up a quick example with kitestring and it seems pretty stable. Of course if someone really wanted to, they could tear one down but no one can stop that...

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're just going to leave them how they are because the room is going to be too dark to see in. If someone wasnt doing a dark room I'd probably recoomend spray painting them black because the colors are pretty vibrant.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So i'm confused, you hang a bunch of noodles down in complete darkness. Is that it? or am I missing something?

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I would be more terrified of walking through darkness and finding arms, legs, hands, etc, hanging in my way. LOL. But I can see where this might at least be confusing walking through the noodles. Put spiders all over them. Ewwww.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts