Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes you are seing right ,we aleready got the white crap here .....can we please petition to move halloween oct 1st instead of 31st ?

covered pumpkins for a good week now as the nights go down to - 5 to - 8 Celcius and the days are 6 degrees above

and to top it off we are again expecting winds this weekend (like every weekend before halloween strong wind gust destroy half the stuff) and more then 50 mm of rain and for long term when the school kindergarden classes will visit next tuesday another 20 mm of rain yoohoo how fun is that :mad: !

have a good day and thanks for letting me vent this morning :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
We have the white crap here too! AND it's staying on the ground!!!! It came down last night and stayed. ARGH!!!! We got 4 cm of snow last night and it's bloody cold. I'm hoping that it warms up a LOT in the next week and a bit. Okay...so I'm only dreaming here, but it would be nice. I'm
I vote for the beginning of October too! lol.
I'm actually a little worried about some of my props that use water, like my Gemmy witch. I wonder if she'll last Halloween night without freezing. Yikes!

·
Registered
994 Posts
HECK NO we can't change it to Oct 1!! It's still mid-90's, upper 80-90% humidity here. That'd be like having Halloween late summer. I've already started a petition to move it to November 30!

ps- I'm a bit jealous you've got snow...

·
Super Moderator
5,661 Posts
We have the white crap here too! AND it's
I'm actually a little worried about some of my props that use water, like my Gemmy witch. I wonder if she'll last Halloween night without freezing. Yikes!
Submersible aquarium heaters.

Preferably from yard sales and flee markets, but new ones are about $10.

·
Registered
650 Posts
:( How sad is this.... We know it's gonna happen, but we never get use to it....

We didn't get any white stuff, but winds were crazy last night... The only "damage" was one ghost fell to the ground... Hopefully, it will get a tiny bit warmer next week...

·
Registered
823 Posts
witch! i was so afraid to read your thread and find out it was about snow.......... we didn't have any yet but that was the only thing missing yesterday beside wind and cold i too wish it was earlier that oct 31 and i can live without seeing snow for the rest of my life

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i see i am not alone in my sorrow of snow this morning ;) , i dont mind snow in december to have a beautifull white christmas and january after that it can all go away lol.....with last year's long winter with tons and i mean tons of the white crap i am not even looking foward to get any this year , what can i say i am a 3 season person spring, summer and fall hehehe thats when you realize you get older too when you cant enjoy winter i guess :rolleyes: hehehe

i am just hopping mother nature gives me sun on the 28th , 31st and nov 1st thats all i ask and no snow 2 weeks after nov 1st so i can take down everything and store it and between that finish racking the leaves of the ground :( it is the first year i had to cover up pumpkins because it gets so cold at night and i aleready had to trow away 2 of them cause they rot and smelled like hell on the porch pewwwwew

·
Registered
149 Posts
I feel for you. We don't have any snow yet, but we've got a high wind warning and a heavy rainfall warning for today. The snow is coming, though, it's making its way down the hills - I'm hopeful that it will stay away until Nov 1st. Last year we had snow on the ground from late Oct til mid May.

We don't put out any outdoor decorations at all until Halloween morning, and even then it's just a simple graveyard. We do decorate and open up our one car garage (that actually fits 2 small british cars) so the props are covered, but unfortunately the TOTs aren't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts