Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wear an old Halloween costume to dinner with the family. Don't tell them you're going to do it, just show up with it on. Hopefully the laughs will get you in the spirit!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,298 Posts
I'm lacking in spirit, but luckily got all of the major props completed before the ennui set in. :(

Best I can tell you is pick one project and finish it. Tell yourself that you'll get this one done and the others can wait till next year. Maybe just forcing yourself to get going again will bring back your enthusiasm and you might feel like tackling a few more.

:)

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
My motivation is my son's bday being close to Halloween, so my big todo is his party. This is a big year for him turning 16 and start driving (shudder). So he is getting jazzed and pushing me to get things done. LOL

·
Registered
165 Posts
holloween spirit

You need to watch a few good horror flicks. No blood and guts, more fright. Blair Witch, The Ring, Pumpkinhead. Oh, and have a few nightmares.....

good luck!

-r

·
Registered
48 Posts
Calloween- maybe this year you do something small.

It's hard to work full-time, live your normal life, and deal with the pressure we put on ourselves to do something spectacular.

Due to time constraints from work I've had to ask for more help then normal. I've been very lucky to have gotten it. All of my work has been done on the weekends with friends lending their time and me paying for lunch and beer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
To get me in the mood, I rented a bunch of Halloween (Micheal Meyers) movies and bought a pumpkin spice candle...worked like a charm! I'm stoked for Halloween!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just browsing this site gets me motivated, looking at everyone else's projects. Watching Halloween related movies (especially "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", that never fails to bring out the excited kid in me). It also helps me to decorate my workbench with pumpkin lights and skeletons, etc.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You just can't force the spirit of Halloween. I am always in the spirit and I used to stress out the closer the big day got but this year I'm just set on cruise control. Not worried if everything gets done and just enjoying the process.

Take a step back and look at the props you've done already. Instead of building any new ones maybe try just reworking some old ones.

No worries the big day is going to happen whether you're ready or not. Lets face it do we ever get finished with all the props that we want to build? I know I don't

1 - 16 of 16 Posts