Halloween Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba projectors have a jack on the back for audio but I can't get any sound. They were bought used so no instruction book. Is there something I'm missing other than plugging a set of speakers in? I also turned up the volume on the projector itself and still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
What type of inputs are you using? Composite and component have separate audio ins as well as using a-video and VGA cable. Only HDMI carries audio with video all in the same cable. So first is input type your using. As well as a model of projector.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Icepick....I am lost on all those terms you asked about :)
Here is what my projector says on the back.............
Audio
Monitor
Computor(Y/Ps/Pr)
Video
Video S-Video
Control

It is a TLP-S10

http://www.halloweenforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=172777&d=1379838990

I tried one out last year with a set of speakers I no longer have and it worked but today I tried 2 sets of computer speakers and got nothing. I bought a few of these projectors so maybe I just grabbed a bad one.

Also.....I noticed it has 2284 lamp hrs. How long can I expect from it?

·
Registered
912 Posts
If anything you may have the sound turned off in the settings menu on the projector itself, it's happened to me. Also, as others have stated, double check the input and type of cabling used. Lastly....are the speakers powered? If so, are they on? Simple things, I know but sometimes the simplest things can be haunt killers.....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I just found the PDF of the manual for that projector, the audio connection is INPUT not output. None of my projectors have an audio out which is typical of most.
To get your speakers working, just connect them directly to whatever device is providing the video to your projector.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If you connected to the audio input directly from the dvd player properly, here are a few things that may be the cause:
1. The volume control on the dvd player is at 0 or not accessed on the dvd player's audio output menu
2. The volume control on the projector is at 0
3. The wiring itself is faulty/defective- try switching to a different set
4. The speaker on the projector itself is faulty/broken
5. The audio connector on the projector is faulty/broken

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much guys! I can't imagine how I got sound last year right off the bat since I'm pretty sure I plugged the speakers into the back of the projector but who knows. I don't need sound for halloween night but was looking forward to watching Godzilla on the projector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts