Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
I keep seeing stuff popping up all over; Party city, spirit setting up, the dollar stores, etc..but keep thinking it's still only mid August. I'm sure your store will pick up soon but to see nothing must be frustrating. I almost missed Walgreen's skellies last year too from bad info from the store manager, but I snagged a couple. i'm going to start checking there every couple days starting next week. i'll probably be on their "watch" list!

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep seeing stuff popping up all over; Party city, spirit setting up, the dollar stores, etc..but keep thinking it's still only mid August. I'm sure your store will pick up soon but to see nothing must be frustrating. I almost missed Walgreen's skellies last year too from bad info from the store manager, but I snagged a couple. i'm going to start checking there every couple days starting next week. i'll probably be on their "watch" list!
yeh jdubbya..they will think you are a shoplifter or a stalker, don't know which is worse..lol

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Sorry :( Best I can suggest is to move...Virginia's nice, come play!

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
The stores have always said Christmas was the best seller for them, followed by Back to School and then I guess Halloween. From news stories I've heard out my way, stores are saying that Back to School is not doing that well. Maybe with technology in the class room kids don't need as much paper, notebooks, pencils as before. And with more done on computers/iPads in the way of instruction, they probably don't need those spine-curving heavy laden bookbags anymore either. Maybe the Stores will take another look at Halloween as a selling season and increase the number of items offered in hopes of selling more in that category. Now that would be nice....

·
Registered
349 Posts
I feel the same way Kelloween! Where we live now, the nearest MIchaels, JoAnn...any craft store is 70 miles in either direction! I have needed a Fun-kin to finish my Headless Horseman prop and have gone every weekend for the last month looking. They finally had some today. I can't understand why a craft store wouldn't understand the need for people to have time to craft! They already have Christmas stuff out in Michaels!

·
Crypto Hunter
1,283 Posts
Well there will be absolutely no Halloween in the stores up here until the kids go back to school. Then they put the stuff on sale after Labor Day and usually keep in on the shelves for a couple more weeks

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
I've thought the same thing about craft stores StacyN. Michaels does stock some things earlier than Joann's but this year seemed late getting stuff out even for them. Even though I live in an area with a large variety of stores, you never know when these guys will decide to stock halloween so if I have any money left over after halloween I will buy some extras of things on clearance just for projects I might work on during the spring/summer/fall the next year, like the craft pumpkins. Now I have a Hobby Lobby for a bit more variety but they have cut down on their Funkins from last year and from my last trip in not even sure they will carry the halloween items they had the previous year. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for people who live in a more rural area. And with shipping so high these days, the cost to door of some things is just too prohibitive.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We moved for my husband's job. It is beautiful, peaceful etc...but when a girl needs to craft a girl needs to craft! haha It is so hard to not be able to just run out to Joann, Hobby Lobby, etc.. And you're right, shipping is often way more $$$ than it's worth. It just seems Halloween gets out later & later every year.
Again, I can accept the back-to-school argument for a department store but not a craft store.

F

·
0 Posts
Ive only seen fall decor at a family dollar....halloween candy at dollar general but no decor yet :-(

·
Registered
388 Posts
Michael's, Pier 1 Imports, Gordman's, Tuesday Morning and Tai Pan Trading are fully stocked here. Dollar Tree, HomeGoods and Big Lots have lots of their stuff in but not all. Walgreens and Rite Aid have candy out, and Rite Aid has the aisles cleared for Halloween. JoAnn Fabrics has socks and Autumn floral. Ross has an endcap but they don't usually get much more than that. Nothing yet at Lowe's, Zurchers, Fred Meyer, Shopko, Grocery Outlet, Target, Walmart, Cost Plus, Savers, Family Dollar or Kmart.

We have Hallmark, Bath & Body Works, Kohls, Burlington Coat Factory, Marshalls, Craft Warehouse, Toys R Us, Hobby Lobby and Pottery Barn here too but they're not in my rotation of stores to check.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts