Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help i am rying to build my first fog chiller and its no working. I am using a 1200w fog machine which has a 1 1/4" pcv tee for venting and finally a 4' section of 1 1/2" flexible meal conduit. I am filling the pipe with ice. My problem is no fog out end of pipe. It appears to back up and come out top venting on fog machine.

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I would make the vent smaller using duct tape and try with no ice.Maybe you have a block of ice in there that is causing the back up.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Do you have a pic of your setup? At first glance, it sounds like your pipes are too small for the 1200W fogger. I use 3" ID PVC for my 1200W machine. It's probably struggling to overcome the back pressure caused by the small pipe and filling the small pipe with ice only makes it worse. Try usng 3" or 4" ID PVC pipe with a partial ice fill (50 - 75%).

·
Registered
438 Posts
What Otaku said. Your 1200watt is too powerful for such a small pipe.

I built the square igloo chiller last year, and my 1250 chauvet was WAY too powerful for it. It worked, but didn't cool it enough to keep it very low for very long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for advice. Pipe wasa indeed too small for 1200w, currently I have a 4" dryer vent hose directly to fogger, and running through a styrofoam cooler. It works better but still not what i want. We are attempting to do this in our yard haunt. (wind not helping)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did you make sure you leave a couple inches from the fog nozzle to the inlet? The fog needs a few inches to turn into fog, which uses the air next to the nozzle to help it. If you put the nozzle right into an inlet it wont work nearly as well.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
About to start my fog chiller for this year, but also concerned it's getting cooler and might be too cool to function for this year. Remember if the outside air is cooler than the chilled fog well... heat rises. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts