Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do a Super Mario theme this year since there are many new younger kids in my block, and the Magic Mirror theme I've been doing for more than 5 year, it was time for something new.

Supplies were all from the dollar store and each goomba was basically a salad bowl, a plate, a bowl with lid and 2 smaller salad bowls. Each Goomba was about $7 to make (factoring in cost of spray paint and mounting hardware as well). All bolted together and spray painted. Eyes and brows were craft foam and brows are shapable due to a wire frame.

Pihrana plants were also salad bowls bolted into 1x8's and pipes were made from left over concrete forms.

Turned out great and kiddies had a ton of fun seeing them.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I coded a digital Boo puppet that just uses a browser to run. All functions are keyboard controlled but I also managed to map functions to a joystick as well.

I made 2 versions, a controlled puppet and one that hides when it detects a face via webcam.

Below is a quick video demo

https://youtu.be/KlAyS8pnDrs

Kids had a blast talking to Boo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.