Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like this remake is a go, kids:

Producres Brad Fuller and Andrew confirmed to STYD that they just finished the deal.

"It's our next movie," confirmed Form, "hopefully shooting this spring."

What's also interesting are the comments about the tone of the flick:

"It's not Freddy cracking jokes. We want to make a horrifying movie. The concept is so scary, don't fall asleep or you'll die. This guy gets you when you're most vulnerable, in your sleep. We love that. That's the basis of the movie. It'll be most similar to the first one but in terms of kills and dreams we'll borrow from the entire series."

And of course the biggest question genre fans have (no not whether I will have a cameo lol) - Will Robert Englund be back in the role he popularized?
The producers say that they are looking for a completely new Freddy, but are "hopeful Englund will be back for a part in the film."

More details as they come!

Nightmare on Elm Street is Go, Shooting in Spring- ShockTillYouDrop.com

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Hmmm....don't know what to think. A lot of people are going to have serious issues with this. I like the idea of Freddy being serious and not cracking jokes, but that's Freddy. It'd be like making Michael Myers talk.

And of course if they're going a new route Robert Englund can't play it, that would really be too weird then cause Robert is Freddy, they Freddy that will always be classic.

Thanks for the info Johnny! Always letting us know the movie info :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
This whole remake thing has officially gotten out of control. Don’t get me wrong, I will see it. I can’t help it. The R. Zombie Halloween remake was bad. Love the Halloween series (except Halloween 3) and I love me some Rod Zombie but it didn’t work for me. I will be impressed if it turns out good (crossing my fingers). Nightmare is such a classic. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
well it seems officially horror has gone to hell in a hand basket, and not in a good way! i know Robert is not a young pup anymore, but another Freddy!?!? when will someone in Hollywood have an original idea for a film so they can stop desecrating classics!? K that's my little rant and I'm done now ;-)
thanks for the info tho :)

·
The Cloven Bunny
2,965 Posts
I have to admit that most of the remakes that have been done have been on movies that I haven't seen the orginals of (ie. house of wax, hills have eyes etc.) So it hasn't bothered me too much. BUT now they are delving into the "classics" of MY youth. Nightmare, Poltergeist etc. I have to say I feel a little protective...........

Not that it will stop me from watching it, but I have a feeling I will be able to keep company with those of you that have been upset about the remake epidemic.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. is right!!!! now don't get me wrong, there are some movies that i am okay with being remade, ones that can be improved on, but not the classics! leave them alone! I think we chould all sit down and write a good script, I'll bring the beers :)

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The first NOES was great. It was all downhill from there. I don't doubt the remake will be another waste of film. Full of teenage T&A, bad acting and buckets of gratuitis gore.

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to Latino Review, the front runner right now to tackle the Freddy role is Jackie Earle Haley - soon to be kicking butt as Rorschach in Watchmen.

Update: Watchmen's Rorschach is Krueger?- ShockTillYouDrop.com
As we talked about on the latest Hauntcast, Haley is indeed the front runner to don the tattered green and red striped sweater.............B-D is also carrying another story about the same casting news......

He has the voice, menace and acting chops to make the role work, and as I said, I would be all in favor of it.

BD Horror News - Freddy Krueger Casting Enters Final Talks!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Awesome, another piece of garbage remake!!! What's next from those brilliant creative minds in Hollywood? Maybe they will remake The Wizard Of Oz, Citizen Kane, and Gone With The Wind! Won't that be great!!!

·
Master of Scaremonies
6,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Hmmm.... Remakes are usually Bad News. Case in point - The Day The Earth Stood Still. But if they were to cast, say, Johnny Depp as Freddy Krueger... hey, ya never know...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts