Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im doing a Nightmare on Elm Street theme this year outside my house, but im looking to see if anyone has done this before and has some pics, i have ideas, but i really want to make sure it comes out awesome since it is Freddy. I cant find any examples online, and just think some visuals would help point me in the right direction. Obviously doing boarded up windows, and adding a white picket fence. Considering doing the bed scene on my front lawn. thank you for the help! Birk

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I think you're on the right track with the boarded windows and picket fence. If possible try to make your front door red. Even a door covering can accomplish this. Definitely try to find a tri cycle to place in the yard. Elm Street street sign. Maybe even make a small boiler scene.

·
Registered
412 Posts
A fire and ice red/orange light may serve you well to give dreamlike effect for outside of house, with appropriate sound effects, and the tipped over tricycle a must. If can get a Freddy mask at decent cost and claw glove, thrift store clothes (stuff the mask and sweater with newspaper) could do basic frame (wood?) of him peeking over simple wooden tombstone if not got the budget for a full figure or the bed scene doesn't work out.

For audio, these are some of my favorite of the film music tracks:

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I've done a Freddy theme twice , not an exclusive one, just a display but inside my garage. I built a furnace from a water heater cardboard box, I set up a tv on a small night stand, I hooked up a dvd player and made a custom dvd of flames. Slipped the furnace over the tv and had video showing through the furnace bars. My other theme was I dressed up as Freddy, I hade made a merry go round and placed some dolls on it and spun the merry go round periodically
103888d1321136348-freddy-furnace-dsc00285.jpg
103892d1321137161-freddy-furnace-dsc00291.jpg
103893d1321137263-freddy-furnace-dsc00297.jpg
20141031_1619916207-1-1.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the insight, i have my freddy mask. I decided on a boiler room scene. Here is kinda where im headed.
@ Shadowbat i like the red door idea, and yes the tricycle!!! bright red! Here is where im going. As you can see i put all the crates together, im going to use foam board around the crates. And then basically add more foam boards to areas i want to stick out.
20150908_171028.jpg
20150908_175413.jpg
boiler.jpg
FB_IMG_1441756056062.jpg
house.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude these are the best. Don't waste your money on a cheaper one. These will last forever. Skin tight and moves with your face. I am so impressed with the quality.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great mask! Gotta love Freddy. Nightmare on Elm St is a theme I'd always wanted to do.

How about adding Tina in the bloody body bag somewhere nearby? Wouldn't be too hard, since it could be just a vague form in a frosted dress bag/rolled up shower curtain/painters plastic with some blood.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great mask! Gotta love Freddy. Nightmare on Elm St is a theme I'd always wanted to do.

How about adding Tina in the bloody body bag somewhere nearby? Wouldn't be too hard, since it could be just a vague form in a frosted dress bag/rolled up shower curtain/painters plastic with some blood.
Great idea!!! Im going to work on that today, i can get plastic from home depot and they sell zippers, i will make one and see what happens!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could even place up in the windows cut outs of him and his claw. Maybe even do a flickering light and I'm sure most would get the point, alone with maybe you dressed like him or a standing prop with music=)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could even place up in the windows cut outs of him and his claw. Maybe even do a flickering light and I'm sure most would get the point, alone with maybe you dressed like him or a standing prop with music=)
I have 2 strings of flickering lights, decent size from Home Depot, and light bulbs that flicker for the front porch.
plus i bought these 2 FIRE lights, which look awesome. Here is the link to them
https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/fire-and-ice-led-red-spot-light/80379.uts?keyword=fire light&thumbnailIndex=5

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would love to see that. Not sure about a chalk line for freddy. But would love to see the boiler room.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts