Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to start my Jack Skellington for Christmas this year. I was having prop withdrawal and started it and couldn't stop. I got it done in one day!! I used a felt material wrapped around 3/4 pvc pipe, a mask I bought this year and some new led Christmas lights--

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would love to drive by your house and see that!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on by, I will turn the lights on just for you!! Thanks guys:)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
that is really cool. love him lit up. just a question though, will that felt material hold up in the weather, or was it needed to be sealed in case of rain?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not seal the material, I think I might find out the hard way if it doesn't hold up:)

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
I did not seal the material, I think I might find out the hard way if it doesn't hold up:)
I used clear spray paint from Walmart for a buck a can on my Santa Scarecrow's felt, this is my third year using him and he looks as good as the day as I made him. On my Santa Jack Skellington I used waterproof nylon. Your Jack looks great sitting on your roof.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So cool! My daughter will go crazy when she sees this. She wants us to do a Nightmare before Christmas scene.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used clear spray paint from Walmart for a buck a can on my Santa Scarecrow's felt, this is my third year using him and he looks as good as the day as I made him. On my Santa Jack Skellington I used waterproof nylon. Your Jack looks great sitting on your roof.
That is a great idea! I will try that, thanks for the tip. BTW your display is awesome!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used slotted flat bar and screwed it into the roof (don't tell the wife):D It is secured at the hips.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love it..I think I could do it too now that you said you used a mask. If only more time!
It was really fairly simple and I purchased the mask at one of the Halloween USA stores for about $12 pretty cheap.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts