1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is So Cool!
I love it.
It Looks great even from inches away.
Worthy of a place in Disneys Haunted Mansion.

The Videos on Nightsfrights.com set my expectaions pretty high.
This is one of those Rare instances where a product actually lives up to my expectations. Considering some of the add ons Nightfrights is working on. I'd say it exceeds my expectations of what a Haunted Bust can be. They are really taking things to a new level.

Mike was incrediblly helpful in answering my many questions. This is a big ticket item for me. So I had alot of questions. Thanks Mike.

Everything right down to the screw to attach the projector bracket has been taken into account and been provided.
The whole experience has been a pleasure.

Over the years I have collected many props and spend alot of money.
Over the coarse of a season I would end up with alot of ok, cheaper props. This time I decided to splurge and buy one world class prop.
I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jealous

Dude, I'm SO Jealous!

But not for long. I've been saving my money diligently and my wife is all for it, (she thinks its cool too).

Glad to hear you're loving it.

I tried builging my own, I'm good with stuff like that, but I just couldn't pull it together -- a lot harder to make look good than I thought.

So this year, the Ghost Bust is my big extravagance.

How are the people at Night Frights to deal with? If I'm buying I'd hope they'ld be cool and follow up the sale with some service. Yes? No?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guess I shouldhave finished reading your message. Mike's the lead contact guy over there? You think he'd answer some questions before I place an order?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ghost Bust

Mike is extremely helpful. Ask any questions you like. One, of the many, things I know about Mike is that he pays very close attention to detail. He has spent a huge amount of time in perfecting his talking bust. Icemanfred is right, just inches away, this thing looks incredible!

Steve Orihood

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, ask Mike any questions you have. He is very Helpful.

Feel free to ask me any questions also.

Its worth every penny. You wont be disappointed!

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
IcemanFred: If one already owns a projector and "bust" could you just buy the routines and project them or do you need their whole set-up?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nyhaunter you have "a bust" or the "ghost bust"?
the projection wont match up with any bust.
thats what makes this effect so... well....effective. It is perfectly matched. even up close, it looks fantastic.

I know Mike at one time offered the bust only. w/o projector. But stoped, due to compatibility problems.

Dont know if he sells just the routines.

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Well I have a projector (high quality home theater type) and a very simialr looking bust, but not THE Ghost Bust. I see on the website that you can buy different routines for $99. So if I hear you correctly, the Ghost Bust & Projector are sort of dimensionally/proportionally made for each other?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The projector you get is tiny. about 4"x3" and only about 8 ox. so it really easy to mount. he even included a bracket for this purpose. Its also black. Very easy to blend in.

As I understand things. he couldnt guaranttee a fit with other projectors.
I can tell you it must be aligned perfectly AND projector set up correctly, to get proper results.

I had a little difficulty doing so in the begining. Mike was very helpful in getting things sorted out.

Each projector is going to be different . There are alot of settings. It would have been a nightmare if we werent talking apples to apples.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is a demo clip I put on you tube.
YouTube - ghost bust

check out nightfrights site.
they have the new startle bites clip up. it uses the skeleton character.

also shows the new ghost bust blaster in action.

Davey2
love the routine for the skull. where is that from?
how hard was it to program.
I have the skulltronix skull also. but not the time to try to program a routine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
haha, Mr. Chicken, I knew you of all people would recognize that intro music!

Iceman, the programming was actually really easy with VSA, once you figure out how the software works...I seem to recall the mouth just moved in sync to the sound...I had to program the eyes, head turns, dmx lights, but again once you get the hang of the vsa software, it's really pretty easy...

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
This prop is just too cool. I appreciate all the answers by the way. I'm a little nervous about the set-up "being a bear" since I know you guys are WAY more technoloically savy than myself. Basically, I can hook up a DVD player...anything much more than that I would be in trouble. I suppose I could buy a routine and try it out w/ the bust & projector I already have. At around a $100 bucks a routine I wouldn't feel TOO terrible if it turned out a mess. I could always sell it to someone else or just break down and buy the real set-up :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,
Thanks for the kind words, Fred, Steve, everybody.
Fred, I'm glad you're enjoying your Ghost Bust. I know you had to think long and hard before you made the investment, but hopefully you think it was well worth it.
Davy, cool video. Sounds like you had some challenges getting it aligned just right, (and to my trained eye, the video shows it's still a little off -- I'm guessing the projector might be too close, because the features look a little exaggerated. Email me when you get a chance and I'll help you figure out how to get it dialed just right).

That's one big advantage the 2009 version of the Ghost Bust has over last year's version -- it now features alignment markers embedded into the bust to help you know for certain if you're in the exact right alignment or not.

Fred and I worked through an issue he was having with the alignment, and after scratching our heads for a while, we finally figured out that it was a Keystone setting on the projector that had accidentally gotten set to a distorted setting. It was good though thing to work through though, cuz now I know to include a note in the instructions to check the Keystone setting if you're having alignment troubles. Thanks for thinking that one through with me, Fred! ; )

NyHaunter, I wouldn't be too afraid of the alignment process. Now that we've added alignment markers, and figured out a potential roadblock or two, the bust should hopefully be a lot easier to set up these days. Plus, customer support is of 100% importance to me, so you'll never be left on your own to figure out any Night Fright products. Not now that I'm in charge.

Thanks again guys. Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW, Fred... UPS shows that the circuit boards for the Control Freak are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! That means a few days to assemble the first units, test them, then start shipping them out to the early birds -- you foremost among them. So, if all goes according to plan, you'll have your Control Freak and Ghost Bust Blaster in hand next week!

BTW, the Control Freak Media Monster option (DVD/CD controller) is really turning out to be a hit. I can't imagine using the Ghost Bust without it at this point -- automatically triggered performances are pretty darn sweet.

Next up on the priority list... interactive live performances.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts