Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here remembers the 80's movie directed by Clive Barker? It's one of my favorites but it felt incomplete. Low and behold apparently it was.

The studio made Clive cut out 25 to 44 minutes of footage for the theatrical release. He desperately wants to put out a director's cut but the studio said it is lost in their warehouse archives and refuses to look for it cause they feel it wont get much of a following.

I'd like to see it :-/

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I think there's plenty of us that would. But I wouldn't hold your breath.
Seeing as "Nightbreed" lost nearly $3 million at the box office when it was released, I don't think Fox or Morgan Creek are going to be in any rush to put a directors cut out.
Clive Barkers full 145 minute working print exists in VHS format, but is not of marketable quality.
I think it's a shame. "Nightbreed" was a good concept. A horror film where the audience was invited to sympathise with the monsters. It had plenty of potential, All the characters had background stories of how they came to be in Midian. Barker had envisioned it as the "Star Wars" of horror movies, and had 3 movies planned.
I don't suppose we'll be seeing them anytime soon either.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there's plenty of us that would. But I wouldn't hold your breath.
Seeing as "Nightbreed" lost nearly $3 million at the box office when it was released, I don't think Fox or Morgan Creek are going to be in any rush to put a directors cut out.
Clive Barkers full 145 minute working print exists in VHS format, but is not of marketable quality.
I think it's a shame. "Nightbreed" was a good concept. A horror film where the audience was invited to sympathise with the monsters. It had plenty of potential, All the characters had background stories of how they came to be in Midian. Barker had envisioned it as the "Star Wars" of horror movies, and had 3 movies planned.
I don't suppose we'll be seeing them anytime soon either.
Agrees, agrees and agrees...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts