Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone record their night haunt? What do you use? How well does the video and audio quality come out? I used an older Gopro mounted in the tree to capture the night, but with the low light, video quality is not what I would like. Audio picks up well, almost too well since it is in the tree right above the sidewalk where everyone walks.

Thanks for any input you may have,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, nighttime video is not an easy task. We use a Sony Handycam which has lowlux settings however, it can still get pretty grainy and blurry at times because of all the different lighting and constant focusing. The audio is pretty good though, which was the reason we had bought this video camera in the first place (to record our band). I'm sure there are better low light cameras out there, but the Handycam was relatively cheap compared to other models.

Here are the videos from last year taken with the Handycam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Mcds3WYY4&list=PLrTDn45r_Si3anNvb33_hay27tq81VAjE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I thought of the security camera, but do those have decent audio, if at all? I liked the idea of a Gopro due to small size versus a camcorder, even though some of those are nice and small too now. Thought of going with some infrared lighting, but that messes with the colors.

·
black light queen
2,640 Posts
i use a canon m camera mainly for video ... i manually adjust the exposure ... the main problem is that it comes in & out of focus because there isn't much light

same for still photos, although i typically only shoot videos

amk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts