Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
black light queen
2,639 Posts
Once every few years, I give out a couple of really good "treats." Got 'em. Now I just have to figure out how to hand them out.
View attachment 231865 View attachment 231866
that would b kewl!

r u thinking of getting something for the older kids? of just these bikes?

thinking of a lottery type of draw for the bikes? or some other system?

not sure if the tots would have the patience ... but maybe they can draw a "ticket" from a bowl and the winning number is drawn next year ... that way they have to return next year to claim the prize? this might increase the numbers of tots returning and they'd tell their friends who would come next year for a chance for next year's prize!

we hand out glow bracelets, small glow in the dark toys, halloween pencils, and yeah, candy as well ... a lot of the time the tots are so focused on the treats that they forget to get candy as well

amk

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bikes are very small- like for a 3-year old. It'll probably come down to a girl and boy that age- without any sibs (jealousy factor) in tow We only got 55 TOTs this year so it might just come down to first come, first treated. I got the bikes for $14.99 each - and the rest of the treats (dollar store type toys) are already stocked. So except for maybe $15 of stand-by candy, that'll be my ony treat expense for 2015

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
You know those kiddie valentine cards they sell every year, like half the size of an index card? Do similar Halloween cards, sized for coin envelopes you can get in bulk at Staples (I use coin envelopes for seed storage for my garden). Prep one winner card for each bike, and the rest get a regular cars with like a dollar or something inside. Hand those out, and the winners can either call for bike delivery or arrange to come by and pick up their special trick or treat surprise.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK- Liking the lottery idea more and more. That way- they could pick up the bikes after TOT. That's a big bonus since all of our TOTs this year were on foot. That would also solve the sibling jealousy problem. Would you limit who could join the lottery? Would the drawing be at TOT close ? (8PM here) Since the bikes are super-small, I really don't think they'd be of any use to any child over the age of 4.

Any ideas on how to tie it all in with a Big Scream TV crystal ball/gypsy fortune teller theme?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts