Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up about any of them. Gemmy has made two versions of Billy Jigsaw and both were rejected, Gemmy already made a Chucky doll for Spencer's a few years ago, and I have no idea who that other character is.

Spirit asked this same question last year but there were a lot more choices to choose from.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The other character is Ash (Bruce Campbell) from the Evil Dead and Army of Darkness movies, awesome campy flicks. Kicking butt with his "boomstick" and chainsaw for a hand!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I definitely voted for Ash! Bruce Campbell was supposed to revive the character for the second "Freddy vs. Jason" flick, only the producer died before the deal and the flick could be made. Campbell held up the deal, so the story goes, because he said that the Ash character would have to win or they couldn't use him.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,487 Posts
...and I have no idea who that other character is.
This is the Halloween Police, anyone that doesn't know Bruce Campbell as Ash from Army of Darkness is the third or "other character" must turn in your Halloween card. Line forms to the left. ;):D

That would be the character I'd vote for but I'd imagine they'd have to get Bruce's persmission to use his likeness & if he says no it could end up like the Beetlejuice character from Grandin Road or the Frankenstein character they had last year. It will resemble the character but it won't look enough like Ash to know it's Ash because it won't look like Bruce Campbell just like Beetlejuice doesn't look like the Michael Keaton Beetlejuice we all know & love & the Frankenstein doesn't look like Karloff.

Using someone's likeness costs a pretty penny, especially when it's an iconic image like Karloff's Frankenstein or even Marilyn Monroe. I doubt Spirit will pick Ash for that reason alone.

Chucky would probably be their choice since there's a new Chucky movie coming out soon so even though he won't be fresh in the memories, they've got a new likeness to work with that the studios will probably want to promote.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
I really hope Jigsaw wins the spot for the new licensed figure. He is my second favorite horror movie character of all time (Only behind Sam from Trick 'R Treat). Now, if Gemmy made a licensed Jigsaw decoration and Morbid Enterprises made a licensed Sam, I would be really tempted to buy both.

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
Right now it looks like Chucky is going to win... :eek: How would they even make him life-sized? If they did not find a way, he would pretty much be the same as the Chucky doll they made for Spencer's that Sid mentioned.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
This is the Halloween Police, anyone that doesn't know Bruce Campbell as Ash from Army of Darkness is the third or "other character" must turn in your Halloween card. Line forms to the left. ;):D

That would be the character I'd vote for but I'd imagine they'd have to get Bruce's persmission to use his likeness & if he says no it could end up like the Beetlejuice character from Grandin Road or the Frankenstein character they had last year. It will resemble the character but it won't look enough like Ash to know it's Ash because it won't look like Bruce Campbell just like Beetlejuice doesn't look like the Michael Keaton Beetlejuice we all know & love & the Frankenstein doesn't look like Karloff.

Using someone's likeness costs a pretty penny, especially when it's an iconic image like Karloff's Frankenstein or even Marilyn Monroe. I doubt Spirit will pick Ash for that reason alone.

Chucky would probably be their choice since there's a new Chucky movie coming out soon so even though he won't be fresh in the memories, they've got a new likeness to work with that the studios will probably want to promote.
Gemmy had Universal's and the Karloff Estate's permission for the Karloff Frankenstein...it just didn't look like him! With all of the great sculpts and masks of the Karloff Frankenstein that are out there, it's a shame they didn't do a better likeness.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I looooove Bruce Campbell...my hopes are up....I can't help it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have lost faith in Spirit producing a likeness that is worthy of said character. That Karloff situation was a debacle. I have it, and that's only because I got it for a ridiculous rate (I think 120 after all discounts)… I usually but a better mask over it's head though.

Spirit really disappointed me this year, especially with the lack of a likeness character.

But yeah, Ash would probably be cool…in theory, of course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts