Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Prop Builders & Happy New Year!

I'm posting this thread here to have a place to put notices & answers to questions for everyone. Some are posting things over in the social group area & some are not finding that area.

Here I will post things that we all need to see but may or may not be in regard to the projects. Here is a for instance.....

I've pm'd Dustin2Dust who had wanted & offered to teach a craft project along the ongoings of DaveintheGraves project during Feb.. Unfortunately something has come up as she has not been online & we are quickly approaching the Feb. start-up of these projects. Since I cannot contact her whould anyone else like to offer to teach a smaller craft type project for Feb., please if you are interested let me know as we need to get the project posted & a materials list up. If we do not get anyone we may just be going through Feb. with just Daves project.

Also....I will post this in the student thread also but some of us were wondering if Dave can teach us how to make these paper mache hands he makes that we could use for the main project. Look for info on that on the student thread.

In another week I will be contacting the 2nd poll winner in regard to getting things set up for the next project we will be doing. I will mention that I'm not gonna say it will be March's project because we are gonna see how long it takes everyone to COMPLETE the 1st project. It may take a bit longer cause folks like me & Bethene we have to make our tombstones & hands also. SO if it takes 6 weeks to completion please everyone be patient.

Muffy

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am posting this in this section ( What Dustin Suggested) because I think its a good idea. As I had mentioned & will as we move along that we will just make some guidelines up as we go along. At some time here we should try & make a list of small projects for after halloween this year. Sometimes its hard to set that up because you never know if people are gonna still be around that far ahead....but what Dustin says here makes a lot of sense as far as picking up small halloween items around the holiday for planned projects.

For instance ...me...I have projects that I have not gotten done this last year, small projects so I will be working on those & if anyone wants to have me post the instructions I will ( Mine are projects that you can get the materials now). I also know Dustin has more than one project she can show us. I'm rounding up all my bottles, labels, instructions & stuff to make witches bottles, gore-may foods for my cadaver cafe, I have more mini coffins to make so if anyone is inyerested I can post those too.

THIS IS WHAT DUSTIN2DUST TYPED
I am wondering how far out in advanced we can schedule the projects and instructors. I was trying to come up with an idea for my project and I kept coming up with things that you need Halloween items for. There are things that you can get pretty cheap around the season, but are nearly impossible to find after and if you do find and order them online they are much more expensive. If the project thing takes off, we may want to think about everyone presenting their projects and supply lists around Halloween when those items are in season and hold onto them until the month of that project comes up later in the year. Not that any of us need more reasons to be a Halloween pack rat, but it could save some money, get people committed to the project earlier and widen the array of projects that everyone can choose from. Just a thought!

SO this is some thoughts about us posting small projects that we can get the materials right now & also making a list of projects we want to schedule for the future but will be scheduled closer to or after halloween so we can get supplies cheaper around that time. So this will go on the planning list.

For those of you who will offer to teach small projects as we move along here......please if you have a project idea that the materials are easily available right now, please post your projects soon. Thank You & if anyone has any questions please post them here.

Muffy

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GUys sorry I been gone for a couple of weeks we been busy with candy orders & had to deliver some on the coast so I just got back to town. Dave sent me a message that he is still working on pictures & instructions so I told him not to worry & to take his time. This project may run 6 weeks if need be so everyone gets done.

Also we had some entries made in the Project 2 Instructors Thread........just a reminder for those just coming in & not knowing that all comments in the instructors thread are for the teacher only & any other comments made must be posted in the students thread....this is a request from the members so that there is not a lot of posting going on between instructions of a project....Thank You

I also have another PM to post here tomorrow its in reagrd to some other members wanting to do other projects.....so we can see if this project 1 & 2 will work....actuallu its looking like it will work fine.

Terra I believe you will be up next with the MOURNING project & Growler lets see if we can hunt down someone who will do an additional project after we finish projects 1 & 2 , I'll post to find someone that can teach what you are looking for.

I'll be back in here full time again as soon as I get thru Valentines Day....we are busy with making chocolates but we are almost done ....1 more week!!

Muffy

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings to all of the members & friends of our group here.....I want to apologize to everyone as I have been out of circulation for a few weeks now. My health issues developed into something serious & I was unable to even get online as this stuff has now moved into my hands & I had a rough time even typing on the computer.

I been to more Doctor's appts than I care to talk about and for sure its true.....ya keep going to the doctor & they are gonna find more wrong with you but I guess in my case it was a good thing they were looking for things cause they sure found one. Its been a bit trying here at my house with all of us worrying & believe me its not over yet & most likely won't be for awhile but at least I'm doing better with coming to terms with all this crap.

Anyways I knew I let things fall apart here for awhile & I'm so sorry cause I was so excited to get this group going but for awhile I was so numb from things going on here I just could not focus on anything. Even tho its still not good yet and they are still testing at least I have now pulled myself together a bit and am getting back to being ok.

Its gonna take a few days for me to read here & see what you guys are doing & then I hope its ok with all of you to jump back in and keep us going. I have a ton of messages here to read so please be patient & I will get them all answered.

Again I apologize & hope I have not disappointed you all to much, believe me I want our group here to keep working!

Sincerely,
the Muffster

·
Hauntless
8,371 Posts
So glad to hear from you! I have been worried about how you have been.

Your health is way more important than a prop building group so don't feel bad what-so-ever for not being around. Take your time getting back to this and if I can help in any way, please let me know.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Great to hear from you, Muffy!! I'm sorry you are having health problems again. I hope you get to feeling a lot better soon. Your health is your #1 priority right now. I had sent a note to spookineer a while back asking him if he knew where you had disappeared to.
This prop bulid session seemed to go very smoothly. Although I'm not really sure how many builders are still working on one.
Be sure to let me know if I can help you in any way too!!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You guys very much! The NC Haunters group is having a meet at my house Sat the 14th. .
Right after that I'll be back on here getting things in order! Thanks you guys!

Muf

How does everyone feel about the next starting date being May 1st, that gives us a little over a month to get materials together & this time we will also once again run projects simultaneously. I've got some members thast are interested in other projects so you guys can decide what you want for a 2nd project & the rest of us will go with what was the next project from the poll which is Terra's mourning tombstone. Please go ahead & start posting your thoughts.

Dave thank you so very much for taking people through the 1st project & Dustin2dust for our craft project.
You guys displayed wonderful pictures along w/ your instructions. I see the teacher/ student thread worked pretty good for us but as new members come in we will have to help them understand how that works.

Muffy

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Everybody......we will start getting ready to line up the next projects this week so by the 1st of the month we have a materials list posted. As we are going to have Terra head up the "Beloved" tombstone we are also looking for some other options for members to make. Please lets start suggesting what some of you are looking to make that would be different. Also if anyone has a suggestion for a craft project please list those too.

'll give this a few days & for those of you looking to make something else, please when you tell what you are interested in please suggest the project and if you have seen it somewhere here in our group please let us know the name of the person that did the project so we can contact them to see if they would be interested in instructing.

I do have some suggestions in my "pm's" so I'll post those ideas here in the next couple of days.

Muffy

·
Registered
591 Posts
A gravegrabber I don't have yet but want to make this season.definally doing terra's beloved.Also If anyone is intrested I could would be interested in instructing on a stirring prop, (witches caldron) or an FCG.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Kids we have not had to much feedback on adding another project so I guess we will do these 2 projects & then wait until we are finished to solicit another project.

Daddywolfdawg if you hang out after these projects are finished ...lets have you see if you have time to teach the next project...is that sound ok to you?

Muffy

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'll put my 2 cents worth in again for an axworthy flying ghost, I'd really like to get one going for this season!!:D

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great ideas partsman & willise.....do you 2 have any idea where we can find an instructor to teach those projects?

Yes Herman if Dawg hangs out we're gonna schedule his stirring witch prop, we may also have a rather large project coming up...its one that will go on for a few months & run along the smaller projects. I'm talking to a person that may want to teach it. I'll let you folks know as soon as he gives me an answer.

Muffy

·
Registered
179 Posts
I could describe my witch project, based on a prop I saw from another member here (not sure if I'm allowed to use his name or not). THis is what it looks like during construction and finally finished. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of construction pictures, but I'd be happy to answer any questions I can. As for the singing pumpkins, I will be happy to do one when I start receiving the parts next week. I may take a while though! LOL

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nope, wish I did, I'd disect his brain and serve it up with Fava beans:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts