Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, last couple years have been taking decor/prop to higher level. Been reading your stuff and appreciate your posts. Now have a question I can not find answer to. Want to add PIR sensor to battery operated props(Jumping spider, standing up skeleton, Grim Reaper, etc.) but am not too knowledgeable with the electronics. Can I attached the PIR sensor to the 2 prong connector and straight into the try me button? Or do I have to have a micro controller of some sort? I'm not trying to sync up the props, just want them to activate when a TOT approaches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surprised no one has chimed in to help. I have removed a simple PIR that came in one my props and replaced it with a more simple momentary switch (button).

I would suggest popping open a prop with a PIR lready installed and try connecting it to a Try Me plug on a prop. Worst case would be you electric tape (please solder it) the PIR back into the original prop if it did not work.

est case scenario, you will know they are pug-and-play, yet you will STILL need to figure out how to buy the super cheap ones that come in these props. All I can find online are the ones used with Arduino's and the backyard-style-lights that are motion activated.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The simple "PIR" you are referring to was most likely a photo cell and not a motion detector at all. A PIR cannot be directly connected to most "try me" con tacts. The "try me" connection usually requires a N.O. switch of some type such as a simple button or a step pad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts