Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow haunters: I am new to the mechanics of wiper motors. I have done a lot of research on power supplies. I recently got a old computer to pull apart and try out the power supply. I hope I don't sound like a broken record (I know I'm not the first to ask), but is there any sites, or threads on the forum that explain 12V power supplies in an easy way. I'm not familiar with terminology yet, but I am trying. I can't wait to try out my new supplies on my props. Thanks for any help you guys and ghouls give. Happy Haunting

·
Registered
82 Posts
can you take a power supply that runs 2 aa battery device, and split it between two devices and not need a bigger supply? sample: 3v 1.5a adapter, and split it into two units.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I got my power supply up and running. Looks incredible with my cauldron creep style witch. Does anyone know if I can run multiple motors with the other out put wires I have? There are several 12v and 5v wires coming out and I would like to run a couple different motors from the same supply

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Thanks for the information. I got my power supply up and running. Looks incredible with my cauldron creep style witch. Does anyone know if I can run multiple motors with the other out put wires I have? There are several 12v and 5v wires coming out and I would like to run a couple different motors from the same supply
You can, but it depends on the total wattage the motors draw and what the power supply is rated for. If you know the motor specs you can figure out the wattage needed. Volts x Amps = Watts. If your motors seem to slow down or not have enough torque, you're probably pushing the power supply beyond what it's capable of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts