Halloween Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This probably will apply mostly to home haunters for Halloween resolutions. What are your haunt and prop goals for the New Year? Since we don't have a yard haunt, I need to think about it myself.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I resolve to get an earlier start by not waiting until the weeks before to get cracking! The heat this year really put a damper on my Halloween spirit.

I'm going to work on better lighting. I'm going to try to turn the Spirit pumpkin reaper prop that my husband bought two years ago into Jack Skellington's Pumpkin King. And I'm going to cover a skellie dog with furry felt in hopes of making him into my caretaker's dog.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Same as always/....finish the songs that I started on my Lightorama, put a plan on paper and start earlier. Also, since I never finish the projects from the Haunt Group get togethers, I hope to dig out some of the kits and knock out a couple of them this year. Also grow a ton of corn to get some big stalks

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,390 Posts
Doing my first "official" yard haunt in 2016 and starting out small. Plans are for a granny-woman type witch, possibly a grave digger and a cemetery with a PVC fence. I have several store-bought tombstones but want to make some that are more authentic looking too. My biggest challenge is that finances will be tight until I go back to work in April so I need to concentrate first on the things I can complete with materials on hand.

I also vowed two years ago that I was going to finish all of the props I have sitting around in various stages of completion. :rolleyes: I'm going to be instructing a paper mach course soon so that will give me the incentive to finish up the pumpkins. Now I just need to finish up the skulls and fix that darn ground breaker.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Making an Alien display for my Halloween camping this year, finishing up my Pneumatic scarecrow scissor upgrade, and finishing my Exorcist grave mourner prop. I may make some new Skulltronix routines also.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,798 Posts
Better time management.
Finalize where/how I want to allocate my prop controllers.
Do I change my cauldron creep into a warlock or not?
If I haven't used it sell it or donate it.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I have found that I really enjoy making and seeing my home-made props, so I hope to do even more of that kind of project work for 2016. Hoping to do the paper mache pumpkin project that Lizzy is leading as a part of that. And maybe finally using those shiatsu massagers for a moving prop or two this year.

I also need to get more organized, which may mean getting rid of stuff I don't use so I can find the things I do use. LOL. Figuring out what I won't use is the only issue I see with that. :eek:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
My goal is to get more people here for Halloween celebrating this year. We do a party every year for around 30. I'd like to expand on the walk-through haunt idea and encourage people beyond our usual party guests to tour, possibly over the weekend. My plans are pretty nebulous at this point, but going bigger and bringing more people in to get some enjoyment are the gist if it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Learn Adobe after effects so I don't have to pay the nose for HD downloads from Atmosfear FX

Don't get me wrong, they make an incredible product and are worth the cost, but as they gain in popularity they are becoming the Spirit Halloween "jumping spider", Scare me once quickly becomes "oh yea, that again".

I need to learn how to create customizable stuff in order to take full advantage of the projector investment that I have made.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My goal is to get my Halloween room cleaned, painted and organized so that some of the items can be displayed year round. Also, I would like my party plans to be organized and set by the end of the summer so I can have it earlier in October. I stress myself out and spend all of my Halloween energy on the party and I don't get to enjoy the month of October as much as I would like. I'm hoping if I have the party earlier I can enjoy the best month of the year.

·
Chocolate is my BFF!
4,227 Posts
Let see... Make effort to lose weight...

Other than that..

Make BIG suckers and bloody it up for the Haunted House. Learn to make life size props with pipes and what not. I would hope to pick up two more Poseable Skelly. Boner and Bonette needs cousins. There are ideas for the Southside Haunted House this year, I am not sure what we are wanting to do, but I am alwayts looking to make props for them. OH! Make more clear tape ghosts.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I would really like to Not get too eager thinking that we have just hired a really good employee for October, then after many hours of conversation and "Gee" they used to work in another Haunt! They turn out to be probably The Worst employee we have ever had!
Couldn't "Do" Wouldn't "DO", Didn't know how to do..even though they speak English and seem like an intelligent person, they just did what THEY wanted to do, which very easily could have hurt them or someone else (Does it get any worse? No.)
I Really like the rest of the year when we don't need any help at all... fewer worries less hassle. More FUN for .. Jim! (Insert evil laugh here~)

·
Registered
403 Posts
What I need to do this year is make up my mind whether or not to resurrect Rose's Haunted Graveyard. Sure, the old neighborhood is gone, but the place I'm living now might be all right for the old home haunt. My problem last year was three-fold: I didn't know the area; Rose and Bryan were in Oregon; I had a role at Universal Studios playing a character for Halloween Horror Nights, which was fun beyond words. I still have to wait on the auditions for this year's Horror Nights (as the Carver, I was a hit last year, so I have no doubt about being cast again, taking into account the new management team at the Universal yachts will release me for a month and a half). But even if I do get cast, Rose will be here on Halloween night and possibly Bryan will be too. The only thing I don't have is my walk-through Crypt, which I had to disassemble when we all moved last April. I could take Halloween night off for Horror Nights to do Rose's Haunted Graveyard. Working a major Halloween venue is incredible, but then so is doing your own home haunt. Some of my best Halloween memories are wrapped around the three years we did Rose's Haunted Graveyard, after all. Good thing it's only February. I still have plenty of time to make up my mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts