Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after 4... yes 4 years away from not having a display, and last year a few mums last Halloween said oh aren't you the house that had that big display up... it was great. Well I guess big for the UK .

So this year I have dug out the countless boxes of bits and props out of the loft. No mean task I shall have you know. so after repairing some props I have made a start on our Witch shack for this year.

So far it's cost me pence for the nails and screws. All the wood including framing was some old fence panels from a friend I have . They were destined for the recycle yard or a bonfire in November.

Now it's taking shape it made the hard work of stripping down the old fence panels worthwhile. oooooh de-nailing wood not my favorite job. the roof was also some really old felting that was only fit for the tip, but all being well I get a couple of years out of it on here.

Still got loads more to do inside, eg box for hiding electrics and speaker more lighting a holder for the potion book, dress the shelves etc the list goes on. Still not sure what Witch we will use in there we have some smaller hanging ones which I'll turn into standing props or this Witch we made a few years ago.

Already I've changed my mind about the shelving. I'm going to change into a corner unit from what it is now. Are we ever Happy with what we do lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I love it! I love it! I LOVE IT! :D
I got my very first witch prop this year, and this is exactly the kind of shack I'm imagining for her and all the stuff I now want to make & collect for her! We won't be able to do it this year, but in the future, I really envision something just like this in our yard haunt. GREAT JOB! :cool:

PS - I hope you think that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, because one day when I eventually get around to making one myself, it might look similar!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love it! I love it! I LOVE IT! :D
I got my very first witch prop this year, and this is exactly the kind of shack I'm imagining for her and all the stuff I now want to make & collect for her! We won't be able to do it this year, but in the future, I really envision something just like this in our yard haunt. GREAT JOB! :cool:

PS - I hope you think that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, because one day when I eventually get around to making one myself, it might look similar!
This place is great for inspiration for people like me who has no imagination well not very much anyway. I've had some great ideas off here for both props and decorating ideas. This forum has some truly talented people. I don't fall into that category. I fall into the handyman/ tinkererer group. Lol.

I'm hardly ever happy with anything I do...Most things are never finished... but when the TOTs and their parents come on Halloween there's only 1 person who will know what's not done etc and that's me.

I'm unbelievably tight with money when it comes to making my Halloween stuff. so I try and make things as cheap as I can. Slowly but surely wifey is embracing my season more and more but she'll always be more of a Christmas person. Well nobody's perfect. I try not to hold that against her lol

Thanks for the nice comments guys and gals. I'll post more photos as finish more off this week.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great. Does it disassemble easily into smaller panels for storage?
Once the roof is off the sides and front are only fastened at a couple of points. It's never going in the loft though. I'll store it either under cover or in our Large garden shed. All this trouble and effort for one night. I think I'll light the house up all the Halloween weekend this year. If only the UK was like America. If I set everything up outside weeks in advance the neighbours would think I'd lost the plot

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,608 Posts
Looks awesome! Very creepy. Can you post the dimensions of it? Please post pics of it all lit up on Halloween.

Reactions: scarybella

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A bit of old plastic coated wire and some sticks and I've managed to make a larger light to match the stick string lights. ok...ok and quite a few tie wraps. made my potion book lectern today and changed the design of the book case to a corner unit one so I can get more stuff on. which just needs filling with skulls and potion bottles etc...

halloween 021.jpg

of course I couldn't resist the temptation to take a photo with the lights on. excuse poor photos. I didn't have time to mess with settings/exposures tonight. I'm a miserable thing but even I managed a smile tonight. I'm getting all excited I can't wait to see the TOTs faces on Halloween.

halloween 026.jpg

I'll post some more photos when I add more stuff.

halloween 029.jpg

Think I may need some lighting on the corner unit. thinking of a UV bank note checker light box for my glow in the dark potion bottles.

halloween 040.jpg

halloween 044.jpg

Apart from our Witch what else should I try to get in. what else am I missing. we have still to decide what Witch we are using. Oh and the cauldron what I've yet to make. sounds like a weekend job

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks awesome! Very creepy. Can you post the dimensions of it? Please post pics of it all lit up on Halloween.
I'll measure it tomorrow. I would have had it bigger but I was at the maximum for the old wood I had, without having joins etc

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
I've been dreaming of building a witch's cottage out of pallet wood in our back yard corner. This is just the inspiration I need! I think yours is fantastic!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts