Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. Dave & Jen here. Just thought I would drop a note to say hi to everyone. We ran across this site and since were both Halloween SUPER FREAKS it only seemed appropiate that we join. Most all of our postings will be made here in the prop section as this seems to occupy most of our time. Prop building is a year round event for us. Our projects seem to have a mind of their own and just grow larger and larger as they are built. Were looking forward to sharing our ideas and hearing yours.

Dave & Jen

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the BIG project we just finished was a huge fake fireplace. The chimney is hollow with room for a nice fogger and chiller. The idea is that the chilled fog will fall through the chimney and out and over the chared bones and skulls laying at the bottom of the fireplace. Ive read on the fog chiller pages here that alot of folks are not too happy with the results of using insulated coolers as chillers but we are overjoyed with our results. Instead of ice we are using 3 slabs of dry ice and the fog we get has the consistancy of a very thick soup. Anyway the fireplace has a nice fire grate at the bottom and a huge mantle type shelf that Jen can set up her Halloween village. A power strip mounted inside provides power for the fogger and for the village. Thinking that this prop will be the main prop of the party we bought a fairly large fogger for this project and the chiller is a 100qt cooler. I will get some pictures posted soon.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Welcome Ooogiboogie to the forum. Your fireplace sounds cool (no pun intended).

Personal hygiene 101 from your O.C.C.O.C.P. There's nothing in the air, that's me your smelling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts