Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've always been a huge fan of Halloween, but this year I'm trying to go especially big for my Halloween party.
I want to light my apartment to look like a shadowy cavern or basement. I tried using a single, bright, unshaded light source, but my room just looks like I'm setting a romantic mood. My buildings basement storage room, on the other hand, is the same size as my living room, and lit with 8 bare bulbs, and it looks creepy and shadowy. I'm worried that the difference in my apartment is the albedo of the (white) paint on the walls, but since I cannot paint the walls, I'm hoping there is some way to achieve the desired look with some lighting tricks.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
298 Posts
Although I have not used them, I have seen some blue and green CFU bulbs in the box stores which might add the effect you want. Also, you might not be able to change the wall color, but you can put stuff up on the walls like died cheesecloth or fabric, etc. If you do that...just be SURE not have any candles close by!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe some blue and green up lighting behind a couch or big chair. Something that will hide the actual light itself meaning you will only see the blue on the wall, not the light fixture. Then get one of those cheap lighting machines from Spirit that does the thunder but have the volume turned off, plug in one or two low watt (25 watt) bulbs so you get the effect of the lights dimming and flickering like the power is about to go out.
Red lights in the bathroom. They're bright enough to see by but still are Halooweenish.
Have fun.

·
Registered
313 Posts
you can also buy halloween wallpaper .....they have it at all the party stores and Ive seen it at target...............its bassicaly a large thinsheet if plastic or paper and you can hang it on your walls ....welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts