Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I'm always anxious for the new Face/Off seasons. Looked to be some decent talent again.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Looks like there is some good talent this season. Last night's results were deserved and I think, quite fair.

Eric

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
One of two series I make a point to DVR.
Guess the other . . . starts with a "W" . . .
The Waltons?

Just kidding. Yea, "Walking Dead" and "Face Off" are my must see shows. Oh, and "The Middle" :) What can I say? It's funny!

I agree, some talent, including some of the young'uns in this season's contestants. I preferred the other make up finalist to the one that was chosen, but both were well executed.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Didn't know FO was back, really bummed I missed the season premier, I know I can see the past episodes on in demand but I like to see them in real time, I'm watching the episode on the languages

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,970 Posts
Nobody really seems to stand out this season. In the past there were artists who were obviously going to win, or at least be in the finals. Like Lauren in season 5 with her painting ability that was clearly way better from the start or Roy who could build something very elaborate and imaginative with very little time. Everyone this time seems to be on about the same level. Looks to me like it's going to be a dull season.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah, I hate to say it but seems like they're starting to scrape the barrel for talent. Last night's show was pretty pathetic, honestly, I think most of them should have been booted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
To be fair, in some ways this disguise challenge seems to be one of FO's most demanding yet.
Making outlandish creatures is a lot more forgiving than trying to capture the subtlety of realistic human features.
Almost everyone overreached - the lack of maturity and/or skills was definitely exposed, which made it doubly impressive that a 20 year old won.

BUT
I agree, no obvious standouts ala Dina Cimarusti. She's still my favorite contestant.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I missed last nights episode. Going to have to catch it On Demand. I hate that they moved nights. Tuesdays were perfect for me as I work Wednesdays and often don't get home before 9:30.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be fair, in some ways this disguise challenge seems to be one of FO's most demanding yet.
Making outlandish creatures is a lot more forgiving than trying to capture the subtlety of realistic human features.
Almost everyone overreached - the lack of maturity and/or skills was definitely exposed, which made it doubly impressive that a 20 year old won.

BUT
I agree, no obvious standouts ala Dina Cimarusti. She's still my favorite contestant.
I do agree this was a tough challenge, but at the end of the day, they're supposed to be makeup artists, not monster makers. A decent"disguise" makeup should be a task that every makeup artist can accomplish.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Agreed with the win, thought both guys in the winning team did outstanding. Robert is a trip - if I close my eyes I imagine it's that SNL character Dieter speaking. Sad to see my fellow Illinoisian Katie sent home, but that head piece was pretty bad.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I've missed this whole season. I may have caught the last 15 minutes or so of maybe 4 episodes. I hate that! They need to move this back to Tuesday nights!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wished that they used their special save last night. The work was great, but it did not convey the theme.

Eric

1 - 18 of 18 Posts