Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started this guy yesterday. Still in early stages but I'm happy with him so far. I had to add a make-shift monocle just so I could see whether his eye would be right when I add one to the actual bust when it's cast. He's loosely based on one of the Dread family busts outside the Haunted Mansion at Disney. Any and all feedback is welcome! :)
2014-04-30 06.36.17.jpg
2014-04-30 06.36.29.jpg
2014-04-30 06.36.39.jpg

UPDATED PHOTOS:
I took advice from a few folks and I think he may be done now. Keep in mind that he'll have a monocle. Without it, he looks a bit like he's had a stroke.
2014-05-02 07.32.31.jpg
2014-05-02 07.32.37.jpg
2014-05-02 07.32.49.jpg

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
I started this guy yesterday. Still in early stages but I'm happy with him so far. I had to add a make-shift monocle just so I could see whether his eye would be right when I add one to the actual bust when it's cast. He's loosely based on one of the Dread family busts outside the Haunted Mansion at Disney. Any and all feedback is welcome! :)
View attachment 197216
View attachment 197217
View attachment 197218

UPDATED PHOTOS:
I took advice from a few folks and I think he may be done now. Keep in mind that he'll have a monocle. Without it, he looks a bit like he's had a stroke.
View attachment 197330
View attachment 197331
View attachment 197332

great work as ALWAYS! I love him! am I gonna one day see you on Faceoff? :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow, very cool! What type of clay did you use? Is it self hardening (air dry) or must you bake it? I am thinking of experimenting with a new medium. Was the materials for this project expensive? Sorry for all the questions but would like to give this a shot. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mad Mad mark: I use Monster Maker's clay. It's an oil-based clay that's easy to work with and reusable. I'll use hydrocal to make a mold and then probably cast it in resin.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Mad Mad mark: I use Monster Maker's clay. It's an oil-based clay that's easy to work with and reusable. I'll use hydrocal to make a mold and then probably cast it in resin.
I LOVE HIM! for 1st starting out I think you have done a FANTASTIC JOB!
let me give you a word of advice. If after Halloween is over and you want to work on him some more make his mold out of REBOUND 40 from smooth on .com. This way you can always do a clay pour of him and rework the areas MR Chicken mentioned! Good LUCK!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Keep in mind that he'll have a monocle. Without it, he looks a bit like he's had a stroke.
Was taking a drink when I read this. Very nearly choked & died, or conversely gave my monitor a bath. Somehow managed neither, so huzzah! And these look FANTASTIC!! I am officially jealous of your skillz (spelled with a z to make it edgy like the kids do, yo.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
Mr_Chicken
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing