Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys and ghouls, I recently bought this prop for about $20 from a local flea market. I got it home and it works great, the only thing I don't like is the sound. Is there anyway that I can tweak the sound so he doesn't sound so goofy. I would like to put a different sound to him all together. I need a sound source, I've never messed with the electronic side of props, but would like to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
The most obvious choice I can think of would be to find a way to disengage the existing sound mechanism and then use a small portable CD player or mp3 device with speakers that you can place discretely close enough to the prop. This would be more complicated if the sound sound has to be triggered by something on the prop, but a simple way to disengage the existing sound would be to open it up and cut the speaker wires. Maybe if you give us more details on that level one of the more knowledgeable people here can help. I think it would be fun to try different approaches to the audio though, like instead of a voice just have eerie industrial noise, or cat fight sounds......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can tolerate the phrases it says, I have found that a lot of props have horrible speakers in them. Most often replacing them helps greatly.
The phrases are really goofy, it makes him sound like a dummy. I don't know any other way to put that. LOL. I will keep you updated on what I find. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts