Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was by far the easiest prop I've made this season. I received the barrel already stained this nice brownish color. A friend made me the decals. A little brown and yellow paint smeared around by hand help age the decals. Fermilab is just a few miles from my house, Im hoping the locals will get a kick out it. I plan to add a smoke machine inside and maybe a little oogoo toxic waste if time permits.
IMG_20130818_125123_928.jpg

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hopefully you don't get your local company in trouble by putting one of their stickers on that barrel....I know that sounds stupid but there are so many environmental rules now and companies have to label every barrel a certain way for disposal according to the rules....Hopefully this barrel isn't misinterpreted as their property by someone....I only know this because I work for a company that no longer gives any barrels away even if they aren't contaminated with anything because they are afraid of getting majorly fined.....Prop looks great by the way and hate to put a damper on cool creativity....Just wanted you to be aware of possible complications....This world we live in is just too complicated these days.....ZR

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the folks at Fermilab don't know the difference between stuff they make that is radioactive and stuff somebody created all in good fun that says "biohazard", they've got bigger problems at the lab than they're willing to admit. ;)

I think it looks great and my son got a really big kick out of it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The barrel was a food grade barrel full of chocolate powder. It smells awesome, or at least it did when I first got it. (not exactly toxic or radioactive) maybe intoxicating...
I didn't exactly ask Fermi for permission to reproduce their logos so I hope they don't get too mad. A relative of mine works for Fermi and I showed it to him over the weekend, he loved it and wants a picture for his office once I'm all set up with the zombies and fog etc.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Great job on that. The labels looks nicely aged... really sells it (even if Fermilab DOESN'T make biohazardous material LOL).

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The barrel was a food grade barrel full of chocolate powder. It smells awesome, or at least it did when I first got it. (not exactly toxic or radioactive) maybe intoxicating...
I didn't exactly ask Fermi for permission to reproduce their logos so I hope they don't get too mad. A relative of mine works for Fermi and I showed it to him over the weekend, he loved it and wants a picture for his office once I'm all set up with the zombies and fog etc.
That's awesome!....I'm glad it worked out alright....My only concern was the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) trying to fine Fermilab for an improperly labeled barrel....Technically they could do that, but not very likely since it had food grade contents....The barrels we have at work have much nastier contents so that's probably why they are so strict on us.....Anyway, with a fog machine that will be awesome....A few other ideas I've seen before are some old mesh fence to throw in front of it with another hazardous sign and maybe a beacon light....Maybe a triggered siren when people walk by for a scare....Be a good place to throw a couple zombies static/animated or both around too.....Great job!....ZR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts