Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd put the new drawings of my next prop up

cmemtery columns, but instead of having "stones" making up the body of the colums for my gate i'm going to use skulls:D
Then I'll make an arch for the top. What do you think?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bethene, I try to take what I've learned and put the ideas together, this year I've learned to make molds from silicone, so I'm using that idea with how I make tombstones to make this prop, I'll post pics as I go.:D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cool idea. Depending on how randomly placed your skulls are, you might consider throwing a few bones in the mix as well.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool idea. Depending on how randomly placed your skulls are, you might consider throwing a few bones in the mix as well.
I like that idea Bubbels, kind of like having bodies imbedded in the columns:D, that sort of reminds me of the Tell Tale Heart:rolleyes:

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Great idea! I was thinking of suggesting the same thing of putting bones in the columns too.

Here's a wall of bones I made by cutting Blucky bones in half and then wiring them to a chicken wire frame. Filled the gaps with Great Stuff and painted it all back. Then coming back and hitting the bones with glossy mahogany paint. Gives them a nice 'roasted' look. But, get spray paint for plastic. I got a few sections where paint is flaking off:

I made a throne with Blucky bones and Great Stuff too...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool Terra, that's just the direction I want to go. I sometimes feel like I'm a couple of steps behind everyone here:rolleyes:, especially you Terra:D, Nice job on that wall.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another great idea Scatterbrains, see everyone's a couple of steps ahead of me, I love being here, you all help me think better:D

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
I kind of did the same thing with my trees. I made two of them and theywere in two parts. They were designed to be the end supports of my buffet tables for my party. The idea to embed is great. I just didn't like my own trees when I was done. They were too big and cumbersome. Here is a pic tho that shows the embedding. similar to Terra's too.

Good luck on your columns partsman. I think they your idea is going to translate nicely. Looking forward to seeing it.

PS> We are all behind in this idea. It has been done for centuries ! There is a church made of skulls and bones. Here is a link : perhaps it will inspire.
Kostnice Ossuary, Kutna Hora, Sedlec, Church of Bones

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Hey partsman....looks like they are going to be great cemetary columns.
I see you use sketchup to design...we use that as well. Was wondering how you converted the sketchup design to jpg format.

MsM

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey partsman....looks like they are going to be great cemetary columns.
I see you use sketchup to design...we use that as well. Was wondering how you converted the sketchup design to jpg format.

MsM
Hi Meeps,
I love sketchup, I converted the image by using <ctrl>+prt scr (print screen), then in photoshop I just pasted the image in a new screen and saved it as a j-peg. I found this to work great for applications like this.

Hi Cylon, long time, thanks for the pic of your trees and the link. I hope to a some preliminary images of actual construction in a few weeks, right now I'm in the process of making another mold, and pouring some plaster skull parts for the columns. I can't wait until I actually begin putting it all together.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Hi Meeps,
I love sketchup, I converted the image by using <ctrl>+prt scr (print screen), then in photoshop I just pasted the image in a new screen and saved it as a j-peg. I found this to work great for applications like this.

Hi Cylon, long time, thanks for the pic of your trees and the link. I hope to a some preliminary images of actual construction in a few weeks, right now I'm in the process of making another mold, and pouring some plaster skull parts for the columns. I can't wait until I actually begin putting it all together.
Thanks for the info :)

MsM

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts