Halloween Forum banner

New Prefix for Props - Materials

2027 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Spats
My Fellow Fiends,

The Master Crypt Keeper (Larry) asked me to start a thread concerning an issue I mentioned to him privately. He wants some input and feedback on the issue from you good ghouls, so I'm gonna post the message I sent him initially. Feel free to add to this, explain why you like it, why it isn't needed, whatever your opinion.

Here's the post...

"Hope life finds you well. I just posted a thread in the Props Forum and noticed I had to choose a prefix. That's when it struck me.

Could we have a prefix for Materials? Lots of questions deal with foam, casting, paint, mache, PVC pipe, chicken wire, monster mud, sealant, bulbs, wire, motor parts, hot glue, drywall compound, that sort of thing.

I hate choosing Other for a paper mache question. I posted it in Props because most of the mache questions and discussions are there, and not the Crafts section. I'd hate to post the same question in both areas.

Thanks,
~Spats"
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,512 Posts
I agree that sub forums under the prop section would be best,instead of prefixes, divided into the sections mentioned before, rather than just categories. Would look something like this:

Halloween Props
General Discussion (catchall for topics that don't fit in other catagories)
Electrical ( Motors, controllers, wiring circuits etc)
Pneumatic ( Speaks for itself)
Prop Crafts (Paper Mache' Monstermud, Hot Glue methods, Painting etc)
HELP! ( A seperate section for asking for help with a prop) this last one may be controversial but I personally feel it would be better to separate the questions from the progress threads. Sometimes I read a thread title like "Getting My Skeleton to Walk!" And then I read the post which reads " Anyone know how I can get my Skeleton to walk?" which disappointments me because I think I'm getting a thread about someone who figured it out but turns out no one may really know.
Heres an example ( not picking on anybody, it's a legitimate question ) http://www.halloweenforum.com/hallo...-machine-low-lying-fog-small-large-areas.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.