Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year we are letting our Sister in-law use our Pumpkin King display that we have been using the last 2 years. Link - (http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/85626-pumpkin-king-lives.html). We decided to do something completely different and create a Pirate Theme. Our main focus for this year was to tackle the front porch.

The skeletons are all Buckys. The wheel was purchased on ebay. The helm frame was made by us. The support floor everything is standing on is an 5’ fence section that was being thrown out by one of our neighbors. The clothes are either pirate costumes or some great Goodwill finds. Clothes, helm and Buckys where all weathered/depressed by us. The most challenging thing was making the two skeletons at the helm look at those they are free standing. All in all, we are quite pleased with the results. Plans are already in the works to add new props for next year.

001_IMG_2173.jpg

002_IMG_2092.jpg

003_IMG_2180.jpg

004_IMG_2182.jpg

Some daylight photos:

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

010_IMG_3314.jpg

011_IMG_3313.jpg

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Nicely done there Matey!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you for all the great comments.

MOSCARES - yes I do have some framework photos to post. I will post those shortly. In the meantime, here are some photos of some inside decorations.

001_IMG_2197.jpg

002_IMG_2192.jpg

003_IMG_2201.jpg

004_IMG_2215.jpg

005_IMG_3266.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha! No (CraigInPA), I don’t work for Disney. Thanks for the comment. I do love their theme parks and movies! I get volunteered a lot to make props, which helps. Plus this forum is a great resource for inspiration and tips.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am really impressed with the clothes for the two pirates at the wheel. The indoor chandelier also has a very "piratey" presence to it. Great job ike23!

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
GRRRR!! I've been plagued by the problem of not being able to see pictures!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would you believe the boots on the two by the helm are boot covers over ankle type boots I found at Goodwill. I distressed them by rubbing dirt, using sand paper and spray painting them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts