Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Love Drifting Ivory, almost sounds like it could go with Midnight Syndicate's Vampyre album which we use at my house.
Thanks for the post, Garthgoyle :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I do with all things Nox Arcana, I picked these up when they went live. They work well with the rest of the Winter Trilogy.

Speaking of, there seems to be a lot of Winter Holiday stuff coming from Nox Arcana the last few years. While I'll buy pretty much anything that has Vargo's stamp on it, I do so wish they'd go back to the more darker themed gothic albums. Dark Tower felt like it was their closing bookend exploring his original vision for Born of the Night from back when he worked with Midnight Syndicate. And Legion of Shadow, while a pretty good album, felt like the last few remaining unreleased pieces that didn't fit on any of their other albums. Even the winter stuff has slowed to a digital only trickle of 3-4 tracks.

I remember when they were pushing an average of 2 albums a year. Part of me can't help to think that it was fueled by the bitter legal troubles that happened when he left Midnight Syndicate after Realm of Shadows. I remember reading somewhere where he said they stole a whole bunch of his thematic concepts. You could kind of see it early on too:

"Born of the Night" vs "The Dark Tower"
"Realm of Shadow" vs "Grimm Tales"
"Gates of Delirium" vs "Blackthorn Asylum"
"Vampyre" vs "Transylvania"
"Dungeons & Dragons" vs "Blood of the Dragon"
"The 13th Hour" vs "Darklore Manor"
"Carnival Arcane" vs "Carnival of Lost Souls"

But you could also argue these themes are universal and we've explored them for years as haunters. Meh, whatever. I love both bands for different reasons and sometimes their music compliments one another so much they often share playlists in my collection.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...I remember when they were pushing an average of 2 albums a year. Part of me can't help to think that it was fueled by the bitter legal troubles that happened when he left Midnight Syndicate after Realm of Shadows.
William Piotrowsi was also there at the time, which would have certainly made it easier to get more done in a shorter period. As for the bands' problems with one another, that is, at least in my opinion, between them alone, and if any fans want to choose sides, that is fully up to them. Like you stated, I also feel that their styles complement each other splendidly.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are quite welcome. I am always pleased to see interest taken when it comes to good music.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just ordered the Blackthorn Asylum album. I did'nt know that Nox Arcana is already mentioned on this board. When I first heard about this band, I thought they were from Europe, but I was surprised they are an american band from Cleveland.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got all excited when I saw the thread title, then I very quickly realized something... and not just the coincidence of being its original starter:rolleyes:

They and Midnight Syndicate are both from Ohio. MS has new music on the way (a Christmas album), but there is no information regarding Nox Arcana releasing another anytime soon, which is a tad disappointing.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for posting that, aaronmb. As much as I like the digital Winter tunes (Ebonshire) that have been coming out, it is nice to see an actual album being released again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts