Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The folks diagonally across from our house moved recently. They were nice and had come on Halloween several times over the last 10 years even though their kids were grown. So new people moved in a few months back. I kept looking to see them outside and never did so this past weekend I finally just went over and rang the bell. I want to say hello and welcome them but of course I also want to get a feel for them since soon our yard will change dramatically :D Not that we would stop our Halloween but I would just soon not upset anyone.

So they come to the door and seem friendly enough and I am trying to think how to bring up Halloween without sounding too strange when their son comes to the door also, same age as my son and I figure ask if they will stop by for trick or treating. Before I can offer this up the wife looks at me with a smile and says " You're the Halloween people aren't you" I didn't expect that. She then tells me that she had not heard from anyone in our neighborhood but knew people across town that told them about us. This was followed by "We love Halloween" and "we can't wait to see it"

I just wanted to share this because I couldn't have asked for any better of a response from a new neighbor and feeling really good about it. As I turned to leave one of them said "maybe we should decorate too" and then they yelled to me "Halloween war!"

This season is starting on a positive note :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
OK so wait a couple of day and go ring their doorbell wearing a Jason mask or something else . When they answer just turn and walk away. See how they react then. WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD !!! :rolleyes:

·
Ghouls Rule
2,580 Posts
Thats so cool, Im very happy for you :) I have new neighbors too and they have been THE quietest weve ever had these past 3 years. (renters). They have kitties instead of the usual doggies. (see the puddy in the window). Whats weird is I dont think Ive ever seen them leave their house. Im too chicken to go over and say hi, I usually save that for when neighbors are out in their yards doing work but havent seen them out except for when they moved in. I wonder if they will stop by for my Halloween garage haunt?

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
As I turned to leave one of them said "maybe we should decorate too" and then they yelled to me "Halloween war!"
I'm not sure which is better, the fact that you now have them talking about decorating too, or the notion that if they do they are giving consideration to escalating right out of the gate.

Either way, it's pretty great.
:cool:

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
im surrounded by renters. have a 40 something single guy across the street at the moment, and the weird people who had kids right next to us, who were NEVER (and i mean NEVER) outside were evicted so its empty at the moment.

the no outdoor kids were particularly weird since (i think) they were around my daughters age, and we have a pool and trampoline.

freaks. LOL

and.... no one this far down in my neighborhood even passes out candy (though their mangy kids will come and knock on my door) - so yeah, im the halloween person with no one looking at it LMAO. the front part of the neighborhood has lots of kids who ToT

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OMG, Dream Neighbors! Are you sure you were awake when this happened?!

Sounds like a fun halloween coming up.
Now that you mention it there were no other witness present. Maybe it was wishful thinking. No, I do remember thinking I probably look pretty horrible since I was out in the yard working and I think if I were dreaming I would have dressed myself better.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Is it legal there to marry your neighbours? What an awesome response! I got a stupid grin on my face right now

(And good on you for stepping up and saying hello to the neighbours in the first place.)
Nearly spit my cereal out when I read this. Thank you for the good laugh this morning.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im surrounded by renters. have a 40 something single guy across the street at the moment, and the weird people who had kids right next to us, who were NEVER (and i mean NEVER) outside were evicted so its empty at the moment.

the no outdoor kids were particularly weird since (i think) they were around my daughters age, and we have a pool and trampoline.

freaks. LOL

and.... no one this far down in my neighborhood even passes out candy (though their mangy kids will come and knock on my door) - so yeah, im the halloween person with no one looking at it LMAO. the front part of the neighborhood has lots of kids who ToT
Set up a webcam and then we will all look at your house. Wait, I didn't mean for that to sound creepy but you could look at the camera and know there are lots of people appreciating your hard work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts