Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a lot of folks here, I love Halloween. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment and cannot do any exterior decoration. I joined because I recently acquired a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic and hope to get some advice on controllers and other stuff. Not exactly the typical Halloween animatronic, but some folks think he's creepy. :D

Chuck has 8 movements and is pneumatic. He came with all his cylinders and a valve bank that I believe is 12v. I'm in the process of restoring him and hope to eventually run him in videos for the web. I'm also thinking of building him a pair of poseable arms so I can put him in different poses. His furry exterior is removable, so perhaps I can swap it out to make him a Halloween-themed character during October. I'm open to trying anything that doesn't permanently alter the mech or existing cosmetics. These were all supposed to be destroyed when decommissioned and are extremely rare in private hands. Even if I wanted to change anything, I'd have other fans out for my blood.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and my new project. :)

Attachments

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey 80sgirl! Wow - that's quite the find! Some definite nightmare potential if you want to go that route.

If you hit some road bumps during restoration, start a thread over in the props section - it gets a fair bit of traffic. We've got some pretty bright people here who might be able to help and would love to see your progress regardless.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Can't say I really found Chuck. I bought him off another CEC collector who was downsizing to make room for another project. Unfortunately, the guy started restoring him and made some changes I'm now having to undo (that's why he doesn't have a nose). But like I said, these are extremely rare so you work with what you can get. Hard to tell exactly how many there are under private ownership, but I'd be surprised if it were more than a dozen. I feel very fortunate to own this one.

One of the nice thing about these are they were made for a commercial environment and to run 10-12 hours a day, 360+ days a year. He's very sturdy and well-built.

I'm familiar with Five Nights at Freddy's. That's what got me into this stuff. I was thinking of doing cosmetics for either Freddy or Bonnie. Or heck thanks to FNAF, I could just take his mask off. Easiest scare ever!

I've always been fascinated with robots, and the game reminded me of my time as a kid back in the early 80s munching on pizza and watching the animatronics at Chuck E. Cheese. I was never scared of them as a kid. I found some of the early skits people had ripped from the old reel-to-reel showtapes and thought they were hilarious. The original Chuck is a snarky, cigar smoking smartass with a thick Jersey accent and a talent for creative insults. About as far away from the current incarnation as you can get. If I ever get to the point of doing videos with him, that's the version I'm going with.

Attachments

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts