Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, Tim here from Wisconsin. I was doing a search to get some exterior decorating ideas and I came across this board a few hours ago. Needless to say I was very excited to find a place to talk to people who share the same love for halloween as I do. Today (10/1) officially kicks the halloween season (at least for me it does), as I always put out my decorations the first weekend in October. Each year we seem to accumulate more and more stuff to put out, and each year I try to out-do myself by making it bigger and scarier. It's gotten to the point where last year my five-year-old daughter's friends became too afraid to come over and play. So there are some things I don't put out until halloween night, just so my daughter can have a social life. I live in the suburbs of Milwaukee (Wauwatosa) and I don't have much a front yard to work with, but I make the best of it. This year I built a cage out of scrap wood, painted it all black and I'm going to hang it from my tree with a scary bloody pig creature inside of it. Last year I had a made this grim reaper looking thing out of black cloth, a plastic skeleton head and PVC pipe, and this year I've added arms to it. I'll bungee cord it to my tree that overhangs the sidewalk...so people sort of have to walk under it as they walk by my house. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's ideas and plans for the holidays (halloween that is) as well as seeing some pics.

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem..will do. I must say this site is awesome! I really thought I had a sweet setup for Halloween props, but looking at some pics on these boards I'm light years behind. I've seen same amazing props and lights looking through this site....just jaw dropping. Very inspiring though.

Looking forward on sharing my decorations once I set them up this weekend. I'll be open for suggestions to make my props better :cool:

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Real good to see you , WELCOME TO THE FORUM from one of the old countries , hope to catch you on the threads soon , from a cold chilly England , U.K.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome Tim, you're certainly in the right place! Please post some photo's when you can, love to see your ideas!
Us in the UK are also getting prepared and getting in the swing of things, still plenty of room for more inspiration!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts