Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few pics of my props in progress.
Monster in Box was working fine but drill spun too fast after I tightened the tie strap on trigger and broke my little attachment I welded. I found out that drill attachments are made of cast iron and break easy!! I'm waiting on a wiper motor now for it. The barrel top was cut off and I left a lip to mount the hing. It works great and is now painted black. Toxic sticker is on the way and also a mister maker to mount inside. More to come!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pictures

1.The hinge
2.Weathering wood for rules sign
3.Old cedar towel rack to be painted black and to mount rules on

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts
It all looks great so far, keep up the good work........ Nice work shop!

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Yes, I have workshop envy too...what a great space to work in. The projects look like they are coming along fine. I like your idea for a sign post. BTW are you making your toxic label or are you ordering it from some place--if so curious where?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Jeez! That frickin' zombie in the can made me jump! And it's not even moving! And I'm not even there!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ghostofspooky, I probably should of made it but I bought it. I ran into a little problem, I tested a little corner to see how it would stick to my painted plastic barrel and it would stick but not that firm. So in order to preserve my $10.00 sticker, I'm going to find some kind of very thin sheet metal, cut it the size of my sticker, screw it to the barrel and then attach my sticker to it. Here is the picture of it next to a bottled water so you can see the size. For my small barrel, I probably should've got one size smaller, but it seems to look good.......... I bought it from
Poison Signs, Chemical Hazard Signs, SKU: S-0580

Here is the picture.......The size is 10" X 14"

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

Progress with barrel prop..........
Made a stand to mount monster in barrel with pvc pipe and wood. Notice the thick wire passing through the pvc at the top, it's from one of my yard signs that stick in the ground to advertise my homes. It's there to support and shape the arms. The sticker above this thread will go in front, I will mount led eyes in monster, and install a mist maker to simulate toxic fumes coming out of barrel to finish it off. I will not post the prop again until my other parts come in and it is complete. Thanks for the comments!!!

Here it is and how I tie strapped it.

Front view.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts