Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I found this site today and had to join. I have been a Halloween fan (nut) since the first time I went out trick or treating dressed as a witch with my younger sister. That was well over 40 years ago and I still remember how my parents and grandparents all got involved in making our costumes and how excited I was to go out and go door to door for candy. My favorite houses were always the ones where the owners made that special effort to spook up the yard or put on a mask and creep out the kiddies. I must admit I have been hooked ever since.

For sixteen years I have been haunting my little house perched on the rock, a property that is in a suburban neighbourhood but absolutely perfect to dress and stage for Halloween. The kids come around each September and ask what I will be doing this year so I have a reputation to keep up. The parents seem to enjoy it as well. I have seen a couple of generations of kiddies grow up and go off to college so I hope I have inspired a few more Halloween fans out there to keep the spirit going.

My background is in healthcare and my hobbies are theater and sewing so they all work well when it comes to making the perfect costume with realistic special makeup effects. I conduct a Halloween makeup effects class every October with a local college theatre arts program-just for fun. I like watching the legions of zombies and accident victims disperse into the student population after the tutorial and practical makeup session is over to gross out the normal folks standing in the line for coffee.

I am really excited to gain some new ideas for haunting my property and want to learn how to build simple animatronics and pneumatics to ramp up the spook factor. I am handy with tools but electronics are a new area for me. I hope when the kids ask what I am doing this year that the standard reply "you'll have to wait and see" will truly be worth the wait for them. I look forward to chatting with members and exchanging information.
Happy Haunting

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll find there's quite a few of your Canadian neighbors on here so remember....you're not alone....hehe.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Greetings.

We have many talented, helpful members who are very knowledgeable when it comes to electronics, pneumatics and animatronics in general.
Feel free to post any questions that you may have and I'm sure you'll be surprised at the amount of help and advice that will come forth..

Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
419 Posts
hello everyone! i found this place today!! and im looking forword too chatting with you, ive bean into halloween sence 1976. thats when i started my home haunting i was the only creepy kid on the block lol.. i live and breath halloween! i love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts