Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Default black light suggestions
I have a small project. 4x8 table set up with spooky town village that needs an overall black light illumination to make it all pop at night with the lights out. I want to small details to be able to pop. I am trying to find a simple solution. I have very little experience with this so have no idea where to start. Tried to replace , my dinnig room lights with black light bulbs but that was a joke. Need some direction

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Jen! Welcome to the forum! I don't know a ton about black lights but I know those screw in bulbs are all pretty crappy, and get crazy hot. If you're paying a under $10 for a bulb, it's likely garbage. I also think backlight has some health risks associated with it over long periods, so you might not want to have something that lights the entire room (not 100% sure on that.)

You could try something like this...http://www.amazon.com/Sunstar-Gemmy-Blacklight-Spotlight/dp/B00C5WD1ES. But I don't know how you'd mount it or how far away you'd have to put it to illuminate your whole display.

I'd post something in one of the Spooky Town threads. I bet you someone there has ran into the same issues, and you don't get a ton of answers in the welcome threads.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I was thinking that if you place your collection under a cabinet than you could get an under-cabinet fluorescent light fixture and replace the bulb with a fluorescent one. In addition - or alternately you could repaint some key parts of the collection with fluorescent paint. I love WildFire and they sell little kits of it: RSHD4www.blacklight.com/items/WF170005KT

·
Registered
355 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome to the forums! There's lot of people that can help you with your question here!

Giggleing Ghost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts