Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a little tax return gift to myself from TheBasementFX - Got a "Morlock" in pale flesh to base a master vampire costume on for this year. I gotta say I am once again highly impressed by the artistry in their work. I already have one of their Corpse masks so I already know how good their work is, but I was blown away when I unboxed the Morlock. So much detain in both the sculpt and paintwork! I've gotten a waistcoat with tails and some 7" platform boots to wear with it, plus I've already made my teeth and chosen contacts. I think I'm going to get a dark red shirt to wear under the jacket and just wear some black dress pants, with the boots over them since the booth are high and have lots of cool straps. I can possibly wear the silicone "Reptilian" sleeves from Immortal I have. The colors are fairly close and the jacket sleeves would hide most of the scaling and spines. I did a little quickie photo shoot with fangs, contacts and eye makeup. I'll get some full costume shots once I get further along with it.
Hair Cheek Eyebrow Eye Human body

Forehead Human body Jaw Gesture Art

Head Eye Eyebrow Mouth Jaw

Forehead Cheek Head Eye Mouth

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered a little tax return gift to myself from TheBasementFX - Got a "Morlock" in pale flesh to base a master vampire costume on for this year. I gotta say I am once again highly impressed by the artistry in their work. I already have one of their Corpse masks so I already know how good their work is, but I was blown away when I unboxed the Morlock. So much detain in both the sculpt and paintwork! I've gotten a waistcoat with tails and some 7" platform boots to wear with it, plus I've already made my teeth and chosen contacts. I think I'm going to get a dark red shirt to wear under the jacket and just wear some black dress pants, with the boots over them since the booth are high and have lots of cool straps. I can possibly wear the silicone "Reptilian" sleeves from Immortal I have. The colors are fairly close and the jacket sleeves would hide most of the scaling and spines. I did a little quickie photo shoot with fangs, contacts and eye makeup. I'll get some full costume shots once I get further along with it.
View attachment 760402

View attachment 760403

View attachment 760404

View attachment 760405
Very nice, where did you get the contacts from?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Updating this to show where I am on assembling the costume. Going for a sort of Victorian/Goth vampire with mainly Victorian garb mixed with some steampunk and goth accessories. So far I've got the coat, shirt and boots. The shirt has lace around the cuffs that will stick out of the jacket sleeves once I alter them to fit over the silicone sleeves. I've also got a large, blood red gemstone to wear on a dark red ribbon around my neck, but I didn't have it ready for these photos. The pants here are just dress pants I threw on to get some photos and get an idea of how things are looking. I'm going to be ordering some high waisted 6 button Victorian/steampunk pants to replace them with. The gloves are Immortal "Reptilian" sleeves, the same one I wear with my demon costume. The color of them is close enough and the scales and spines are covered by the jacket sleeves so I can get away with using them. Still some work to do with the details, but it's starting to come together...

Didn't wear my fanged teeth for the photos, but I did do the contacts. Once I alter the shirt cuffs to widen them enough to pull down over the silicone sleeves there will be about 3 inches of loose lace cuff showing at the wrists. I'll have the red gemstone covering the seam at the collar with a dark red ribbon passed around my neck.

Hand Arm Organ Human body Gesture

The pants here are too loose and too low-waisted. The new pants will come up under the vest and have a more slim cut to the legs. Debating on boots in or out. They are some cool looking boots that add 7 inches to my height, but some of the feedback I'm getting is that they are TOO goth or that they are distracting from the overall look. I'll have to wait and see how they look with the new pants to make a decision.

Outerwear Sleeve Standing Bow tie Belt

Outerwear Sleeve Bow tie Picture frame Waist

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a blood red gem and attached it to a burgundy ribbon and added a watch chain and pocket watch to the costume...

Neck Human body Jaw Dress shirt Art

The watch chain is a silver necklace. The vest is a fake vest that's stitched into the jacket and it has snaps instead of buttons. I had to tie a loop of black braided line around a snap, then clipped the necklace to it.

Outerwear Dress Dress shirt Sleeve Grey

The watch is an old pocket watch I had stashed away. I think it's just made from tin or thin steel, but it is a real, functional watch. I figured I'd go ahead and use it here instead of just attaching the chain inside the pocket. Because of the silicone sleeves I wear I won't be able to remove it from my pocket, but meh, who cares.

Watch Analog watch Pocket watch Gesture Clock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts