Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this out in the garage today. I don't exactly know what to call it but I think I will put a brain or heart in the jar. Still have to light the gauges and add a few details. Tell me what you all think. The gauges are from one of those home weather station things. The two large knobs are lids off of laundry detergent bottles that I painted black. The electrode things on top of the jar are a couple of old spark plugs I had laying around in the garage.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Looks great!. I really love it for a mad lab, and with lights and a specimen inside, Wow. Can't wait to see your set-up this year.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Looks great! Good repurposing of old parts. Love the detergent cap knobs... great idea! You'd never know that's where they came from.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Great looking prop there! I am definitely using your laundry detergent knob idea. They looked great. Only suggestion would be to possibly add a white dot or mark for that on/off or setting indicator that you usually see on knobs. If you add the brain, do you have a way to illuminate it? Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That looks great! I agree about some glow water. Another simple add-on: maybe some thin wire from inside the jar lid, then stuck into the brain or heart, you know, to keep it "alive". Old phone cord wiring might be a good choice for that, if you like the idea. Love the detergent lid knobs, too.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
That looks excellent! It's amazing what can be built out of surplus junk and parts lying around.

Nice job!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all! I've got lots more stuff planned this year.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
I built this out in the garage today. I don't exactly know what to call it but I think I will put a brain or heart in the jar. Still have to light the gauges and add a few details. Tell me what you all think. The gauges are from one of those home weather station things. The two large knobs are lids off of laundry detergent bottles that I painted black. The electrode things on top of the jar are a couple of old spark plugs I had laying around in the garage.

LOVE IT!!
Want to do some "mad scientist" stuff - Have so much stuff I want to do. So many projects, so little time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
How about calling it the "Stasis Re-Capacitator"?
It's all techno-babble to the ToTs
HM

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Dr. Frankenstein: "Igor!"

Igor looks from behind a panel in the lower part of the lab & says: "Yessss Maast-er?"

Dr. Frankenstein leans over the railing looking down on the cowering Igor: "I must have one of theeese deevices for my evil laborr-atory!!!"

Igor's eyes light up with momentary excitement. "Of courrrssse maast-er!" Then he shrinks back, barely peeking around the panel and asks with a sorrowful and timid voice: " Errr, but wherrrre will I find one for joo?"

Dr. Frankenstein snaps sternly: "Do YOU SEEE this thread we are in?!?"

Igor shrinks further behind the panel: "Yess, clearly my massst-er"

Dr. Frankenstein: "Then you moron, you know where to get IT, my evil minion!!!"

Igor alights with the realization: "Yes my master! At once!"

In all seriousness, that's awesome. Can't wait to see how you finish it up, well done! Oh, and watch out for Igor! :D :p

·
Registered
515 Posts
I wonder what would happen with green, red or orange Anti-Freeze with Dry Ice? Don't know if that would be toxic or ?, but would be some Mad Scientist stuff?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts