Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my job buy these floods for a halloween set up I'm doing for work. They were 16$ And 16 different colors. Not too bad. might get some myself. 10watt light. Pretty bright too. These are waterproof and can be dimmed.
image.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, I did a little digging because I am in the market to expand my LED flood light system.

There are three 10w versions of this particular light
a 110v version that does not have memory
a 110v version that DOES have memory
a 12va/dc version that does not have memory.

So the memory thing can be a real pain in the rear, it basically means that you get your lights all setup like you want them, the correct color, ect, but it will reset back to the default color (automatic color change mode) when powered down and powered back up, I don't know about you guys, but I turn my power off every night and i'm trying to make my life easier, not more difficult.. I don't want to change the color of the light every single night.

So, my options are now 110v which I dislike, again, I have my nice little low voltage system running throughout my haunt that everything (including my air/motorized props) hook into, plus, if I ever get around to going pro, I want everything low voltage.

There are similar lights to these that are not color changing, I ordered one of each color and I am going to test them out side by side with my current floods and see how they fare, if they are comparable or better, Im going on a shopping spree.. because for 16.00 this is a steal.

A friend and I cranked out about 35 DYI floods 3 years ago (Garage of Evil style) and I want to say just the PVC, Hardware, Nuts, Bolts, Wire were over 20.00. (not even mentioning the hours upon hours of soldering and building these suckers) the bulbs were then another 6.00 or so before shipping, so if I can achieve the same result (or better!!!!!) for 16.00 ill be ecstatic.

So if you are interested in these, just make sure you know what your buying.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Nice I'd love to get a couple of these to replace the floods I have in the yard now. Is Amazon the only place right now for these ? How much is the shipping charge ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have seen them on eBay as well, as far as Amazon, I am a Prime member so shipping is free.

The concern with most of the units I see on eBay, you are looking at at least 2 weeks for shipping where as Amazon will get it to me wayyyy faster. overnight if I wanted for a couple bucks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, I did a little digging because I am in the market to expand my LED flood light system.

So the memory thing can be a real pain in the rear, it basically means that you get your lights all setup like you want them, the correct color, ect, but it will reset back to the default color (automatic color change mode) when powered down and powered back up, I don't know about you guys, but I turn my power off every night and i'm trying to make my life easier, not more difficult.. I don't want to change the color of the light every single night.

So, my options are now 110v which I dislike, again, I have my nice little low voltage system running throughout my haunt that everything (including my air/motorized props) hook into, plus, if I ever get around to going pro, I want everything low voltage.

There are similar lights to these that are not color changing, I ordered one of each color and I am going to test them out side by side with my current floods and see how they fare, if they are comparable or better, Im going on a shopping spree.. because for 16.00 this is a steal.

A friend and I cranked out about 35 DYI floods 3 years ago (Garage of Evil style) and I want to say just the PVC, Hardware, Nuts, Bolts, Wire were over 20.00. (not even mentioning the hours upon hours of soldering and building these suckers) the bulbs were then another 6.00 or so before shipping, so if I can achieve the same result (or better!!!!!) for 16.00 ill be ecstatic.

That could be a real bummer to have to re adjust everything every night. Memory definatly needed. I didn't think of that. I noticed on these if I use the remote to turn them off they seem to hold the last setting, even when I dimmed them. If I unplug them they reset. Thanks for that info. I imagine they would reset on a timer also.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That could be a real bummer to have to re adjust everything every night. Memory definatly needed. I didn't think of that. I noticed on these if I use the remote to turn them off they seem to hold the last setting, even when I dimmed them. If I unplug them they reset. Thanks for that info. I imagine they would reset on a timer also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts