Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as a Cleveland Browns fan, I'm used to saying wait till next year.... But I just had an idea and I can't wait to make it for next year! A canned goods triggered monster in a box!
Premise/effect. Person puts a canned good into the hole. Canned good goes past a PIR sensor light fixture, which trips power to two speakers (with monster chewing audio) an electric drill ( used as a motor for the lift mech.) and a light. This will be used as a "thank you" to those who donate food for the local food pantry. image.jpg
Excuse the crude drawing. I'm at work and just roughing the idea on paper!
Thoughts!?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Make it a stack of crates with the MIAB in the top crate, cans drop through to the bottom crate. Otherwise you're going to find yourself making repairs daily. Maybe even have the bottom crate much wider/longer with a deflection panel to bounce the can away from the point of entry.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both good points. I have little experience with triggers, I'll def play around with it all! I've got a whole year to work it out! Maybe as simple as a hinges piece of metal with a spring that hits a button as the food passes!?!?!? Thankfully, I am not foolish enough to attempt this without the help from this forum! Lol, and def not foolish enough to add it to this years punch list!!!! Any advice is welcomed and will def. be considered before a build begins! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,761 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
doto
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing