Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I moved last year and when halloween around, I just didn’t have it in me. In fact, I didn’t even move the Halloween decorations from the old house. It’s mid July and this is about when I started working on the haunt in 2018.

The new place is sitting on 10 acres out in the country. Got enough trees around the house to give it a woodsy feel. Pretty easy to find as it’s the first turn off the frontage road so I’ve decided to go ahead and setup the haunt out here instead of the house in town.

Just a quick inventory:

22 resin cast tombstones
15 witches in my animatronic coven with cauldrons and firelogs.
10 Creature Reacher costumes (will need new frames)
6 clown costumes (also need new frames)
1 cage I built for the Demon Beast reacher
1 lab table for Freak-N-Monster reacher
1 life sized horse skeleton and rider
10 skeleton dogs/wolves
1 thunderstorm creator with 3 halogen shop lights (probably need to double this).
2x 400 watt foggers
100 foam Jack-O-Lanterns I carved in 2018
30 additional foam pumpkins ready for carving.

I moved the first truckload of stuff over here 2 days ago and have 10 of the witches assembled. I have at least 10 more trips to make to get this all moved out here. So I’m taking my time.

Honestly, I’m not even sure where to begin. I am considering breaking the coven into 2 or 3 covens which will require complete reprogramming. J-Man did the logic board to control them in 2018 (it’s freakin awesome btw). I lost 2 witches that were damaged by the wind in a storm that rolled in that Halloween night. I’ve also considered making then standalone since I have so much space to work with now. I plan to keep this thread going with the progress over the next few months and we’ll see where it takes us... stay tuned.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,506 Posts
oooh new house to haunt! exciting. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you've got some kewl stuff philmo11 ... we need pics, lol! :)

amk
Looks like the pics from the previous threads are gone so I’ll repost. Just to get this started, here is the animated coven, runs in 3 segments:

Here is the 2018 pumpkin display

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of the witches

This one used to be a 7’ towering witch but I shortened her to 5’6” and reshaped her arms. She is pretty detailed and looks better like this.

The other 5 are getting new costumes because they are that satin costume material. Hope to have them done soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts