Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Im new here and excite. This is actually my first time ever blogging. Im here to get some ideas for my house to start an amazing halloween house for 2016. This year was my first time using Lights O Rama in my display. Now Im hoping to add a projector to my Lights O rama to add some scary videos to my light show. I dont know where to start and was hoping I can find it here and gets some cool ideas for my house. Thanks All.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Starting a Haunted house!?"
First thing I would do is get a really good deal on at least 100 gallons of flat-black latex paint.
There are So many real and important concerns with a haunt that for some they become overwhelmed and forget to have any fun.=bad.
You will never be able to actually enjoy another Halloween again. You will be too concerned with managing .. the haunt..fortunately for me, i have a very smart and gifted young woman here to do So much of the managing that I still get to have the fun too!
She is my Wife.(Another plus)
Having worked in someone else's haunt doesn't necessarily show you or teach you everything you will need to know.
What ever works.. "Works" no matter what anybody else might think or say .
My house is very much a Tourist attraction, but also an actual haunted house.
We give tours here for familys, small children tours,Hyde & Shriek partys...
After you pile up your first $20,000 from a first couple of seasons, I suggest you don't spend it all on one or two expensive displays, because you might need some of that money on year number four.(or five?)
I make and have done almost everything here myself.
But maybe you didn't actually ask for any advice,many don't need such a thing from anyone else. I'm still "Learning', I have been open almost every night for 28 years, this is all I do for a living. Still trying to do it right, according to some few people . Here it is:Hauntedravensgrin.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lor video easy. lots of info in lor forum. House projection mapping or window projection front, rear or see truu u can found here.
Just remember lor only support 1 video out or 1 video projector.
If u need to use multiple projectors u gona need standalone triggerable player like BRIGHTSIGN and trigger them from lor like any other prop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts