Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all things Halloween, we own a house now where we can decorate so I'm starting from NOTHING! Hubby bought me the coolest singing Frankenstein greeter yesterday though from a flea market! I love him sooooo much! I can't post a video of him because I don't have enough posts, but will as soon as I can, he sings "who can it be now"

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome! we all start somewhere. There are a lot of post about making stuff from stuff around the house. No rush to build up take your time and enjoy the process.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Greenfire do you have a theme Halloween 2018? Mine is Ghost Busters being called out to remove Beetlejuice.
When I first started prop building the best advice I was given was to think of prop building as Kit Bashing 101.
Use everything for its unintended purpose. And if you can't decide on one theme then use them all. The important part is to have fun.

When I have nothing to work with, I ask my neighbors for items they have no use for and look at the free section on craigslist.
Almost everything I made for Halloween 2017 was built using stuff from a house being built near me & free stuff from craigslist.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Greenfire do you have a theme Halloween 2018? Mine is Ghost Busters being called out to remove Beetlejuice.
When I first started prop building the best advice I was given was to think of prop building as Kit Bashing 101.
Use everything for its unintended purpose. And if you can't decide on one theme then use them all. The important part is to have fun.

When I have nothing to work with, I ask my neighbors for items they have no use for and look at the free section on craigslist.
Almost everything I made for Halloween 2017 was built using stuff from a house being built near me & free stuff from craigslist.

No theme yet, I've been reading so many amazing threads in this forum that the inspiration is out there! I am going to slowly build up and hope to make a lot of my own stuff too! I found a great link for bulk cheesecloth and intend to start there! My home is an old stone cottage from the 1860s surrounded by an iron fence, it NEEDS Halloween!

I also saw a decoration that someone stuffed some clothing and made it look like a person was eaten by a Jack-o-lantern, so I will probably look into doing something like that too.

I love your theme, I look forward to seeing it in action!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Greenfire I love man eating pumpkins!
Eat pumpkins before they eat you. Haha
Looking forward to seeing what you create.

·
Typing Away
3,463 Posts
Welcome and you are starting out with one thing great. Like said, we all started out with one thing and before you know it you will be saying where am I going to put all this stuff because I keep getting more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts