Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out Grandinroad.com, looking at their new Halloween decor and saw this awesome lifesize Headless Horseman

detailFamilyTmp.jpg

This thing looks amazing! For $600+ Freight, the cost is a definate set back! But I love this prop! A true Halloween Classic!

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
it's too late for me to attempt this for 09 but I've adding this to my 2010 list. It looks like it would be fairly easy to duplicate. The only thing that may prove challenging is the breastplate. Any ideas on how it could be replicated?

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
use a spartan/roman solder plastic armor thing they always sell every year at halloween. some paint and there you go.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody know who makes this? I wonder if anyone else sells it? maybe cheaper?

Though making it would be cool, I think It would be harder to find the clothes under the armor then the actual armor it's self...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Hell I don't want to make one I want to buy one, of all the props I've seen this year including all the new Gemmy's (Michael M. and such) this is by far and away the best looking one out of them all IMHO.GrandinRoad is always 2 to 3 times the price compare to the big box stores. If Wally's had it it would run about $ 200 and that would well worth it !!!! Somebody please buy it for me........:)

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to agree with you bozz... This is the best looking prop to come out this year!

Looking at the Grandin Road site, they also have a new butler that looks similar to the Gag Studios Count Dracula... I wonder if Gag Studios made it exclusivly for them?

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Horseman Handsdown!

Although, the Scaretaker gets some props because it's slightly animated. I still think the Horseman has the better "spook" factor.
I wish I could have this, this year. :( I hope someone can figure out who the manufacturer is...I just know he's cheaper elsewhere!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I even tried calling GrandinRoad to find out who makes it, (you know, so I could check for quality proposes ;)... hint, hint) and could you belive it, they woulden't tell me... Imagine that!

I really hope this prop goes mainstream and the price drops. So any of you vendors out there that know about this, please, please help us out!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mr. N have you checked e-bay yet ? Usually It shows up there but I'm afraid it might be too high there too. We'll crack the code yet and find the maker. I know we can find it much cheaper once it shows up elsewhere.
Funny you mention that bozz, that was the 1st thing i did after I saw this on the website! I looked on ebay, google, yahoo, gag studios, morris costumes, every vendor I know of and high and low! I can usually tell you who makes what when it comes to props. When I did contact Grandin Road, they would not tell me who makes it, but did say it comes from China. Sooner or later, we will find out. So until then we'll just have to drool over it! Or go for broke (literally) and buy it. I have gone back and forth on ordering one, but 700 bones goes so much further then 1 prop. I would be lying if I said that i am not seriously considering it. One way or another bozz, we'll find out!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think a great deal of selling a convincing headless horseman prop is the manly, almost armor-like clothing and cape, which is why I am making mine using an old pair of hockey shoulderpads, arm pads, and gloves on top of PVC pipe frame with pool noodle fill. I will post pictures, but I haven't goten far yet. I think the price I'd a bit steep though not to include a horse in the mix

1 - 20 of 43 Posts