Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
I have been inactive for a few years now.
My prop maker and I seperated.
I had some health problems.
But now I am ready to start again.
I don't have a prop maker anymore but I do have much more space to decorate!
Which is great but also intimidating lol
So I am in need of ideas for my new haunting grounds.
Here are some pics of the space I need to decorate.
As people walk up, the first thing they see is the garage door.
Then they need to walk along the side of the garage and pass the two raised beds with trees in them.
Eventually they end up near the back of the garage where there is another flower bed. (here will be the graveyard) and the door they use to enter the garage.
Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated. Especially if they are easy and cheap!
Greetings,
MsM

Attachments

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Sorry to hear, but welcome back. You could always have skulls and hands coming up out of the blocked-in portions with the trees.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Nice decorating ground! Welcome back! I'd go with some chicken wire ghostly forms since they are cheap and not hard to make. Also make some forms out of PVC pipe and dress them, use Styrofoam wig heads and masks. They are also not hard. I have made some this year but used an old non working fan base for the bottom since they are more sturdy and are not easy to knock over.

You have a great place for a cemetery there! This first year just use lots of pumpkins with lights to give that spooky feel and welcome people and TOTers. Lots of bang and not a lot of work or time!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, feels good to be back :)
I think I'll be hanging around awhile...at least long enough to pick brains and steal ideas!
I was thinking of silhouettes (sp?) on the garage door. Maybe some legs sticking out from under the garage door.
I'm hoping the trees will be bare by then. Still thinking what I could do with the trees in the blocked in areas.
I think I still have some arms that I could let stick out of the ground there.
I'm still looking for my halloween groove :( Hoping it will hit me soon :)

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I'm glad to see you back! I always enjoyed your posts. I've spent very little time here this year but I was just thinking about how some of our long-timers seem to have gone MIA. Hope some of them come back like you did! You have a beautiful garden. I hope lots of others have great ideas for you. I'm kind of having a dry spell right now.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Meeple, sweetie!

Was wonderin' where you'd gotten off to.

It's good to see you again.

As for you space, I'm looking at the walkways and thinking of witch lanterns by the dozens, led candlesticks in tall candelabras, old branches and leaves piled in the corners.

The garage door is a challenge, but if it was covered with a curtain of old cloth or burlap, that might help. There are vinyl decals for halloween that you could use, like bats, spiders, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts