Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

I won't go in to the explanation of what I love about Halloween, because if you're reading this, you likely already "get it".

An avid costumer and movie prop (and replica prop) collector, I've been building a stock of Halloween props over the past few years... working my front yard up into a modest cemetery. Like you, I try to add a few things each year. I like to go for quality over quantity.

My kids are almost out of the trick-or-treating stage and I plan to employ them in set up and running of the haunt in years to come.

I'm an electronics geek but haven't explored DMX as much as I probably should have. Also, is it possible to have too many fog machines? ;)

Ultimate goals: I'd love to run a full indoor haunt some day (admission charged to offset space and props costs only or perhaps to even raise money for charity).

Seeing lots of great stuff here and I'm already excited about reading more!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Greetings Wackychimp.
I agree..Just 'cos the kids are older, doesn't mean they get to enjoy Halloween for free!
I "employ" my teenage son and his friends as set-up/tear down crew, security guards and scare actors..keeps 'em busy and out of mischief on Halloween night.

You'll find some good advice from some very knowledgeable people here, and you'll certainly get any help you may need with DMX..

Welcome to Halloween forum.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Hello wackychimp,
glad to see you with us. I too share the dream of one day making halloween my job. Right now it is my obsession. My boys just recently got of trick or treating also and they help me every year now putting on our yard haunt and annual halloween party.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts