Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going guys and gals. My name is Nick Smith and I'm a 23 year old college student in Bakersfield CA. I got my start last season as an actor at our local commercial haunt and loved every minute of it. For this season I have taken on much more responsibilities which include actor coordination. marketing, prop building and if things continue as planned organizing an event at our county fair for the haunt. I also am an active off road racer and photographer and my primary job is for a marketing firm. In my free time I love to work with my hands and recently discovered a talent for working with pneumatics. As such I was asked by the owner of our haunt to build a few things for the coming season. That actually brings up something I wanted to ask to the forum.... I looked around for the right spot and figured i needed to introduce myself anyways so why not through it all in. Would there be interest in me offering various air/water/fire cannons, distribution manifolds, reservoir tanks, or "haunted arcade games" (an arcade cabinet with a monitor and a button to trigger an air cannon or similar prop either in the haunt or que line) these can be either coin operated or free. Basically I have been building a few different things for our haunt and would love to offer them to the public. I can build an air cannon as cheap as $100 which is very simple and suitable for the home haunter or can go all out and have a proper air cannon with a proper pneumatic valve that shoots a mist of water that is triggered by a triggering pad in the floor. Or I can set you up with a whole pneumatic system from compressor to tanks to manifolds to cannons. This is something that I do in my free time not as my primary income so my prices would be much lower then actual merchants. If i manage to get enough interest between these forums and haunted house forums I would go to TW with these products but would need interest/orders before i committed to the conference.

Thanks
Nick

here is an example of my personal concussion cannon which is triggered by a remote with a master switch and a triggering button. This would sell for $100 by itself or $150 with the remote.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome aboard, and yes I think there might be some interest here for some of the things you describe, you may want to make a posting in the items for sale section of the forum, make a general interest request describing the item(s) for sale and see what you get, about mid to late summer is when people really start to take off around here, so look out you may find yourself busier than you expect all of a sudden:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. really nice cannon!
thank you very much. I also make the style that utilizes a small tank so the compressor doesn't have to work as hard. And my pneumatic valves are showing up this week so the plastic valve is being replaced with the good stuff and the remote to fire isn't connected in the pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts