Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who were reading the other HM thread, I wanted to make sure that everybody saw that this was new info. This just came out yesterday. The site of the old Yankee Trader shop (next to the HM) is now gone. In its place there will be a new shop that promises to carry all Haunted Mansion merchandise. This will most likely be the official home of all the new goodies that Miss Eri posted a couple days ago (as well as more). Here is the link to the Disney Blog post that also shows a picture of a previously unannounced crystal ball sculpture that features Madame Leota's lines from the attraction.

I will keep everyone up to date when more info becomes available.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's about time they did this! But of course they couldn't do it until they decided to actually tap that market and CREATE enough Mansion merch to fill an entire store. I couldn't be happier to hear this!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LairMistress,

That Monorail set truly is a classic. I was so sad when they discontinued a lot of the pieces for it (including the Haunted Mansion piece). You can still get some of the icons that went along with it (the Castle, Spaceship Earth, and the Contemporary Resort) at the parks and the online store, but sadly, the Mansion has passed into the hands of the secondary market.

I just checked Ebay, there is one on there right now, out of the package with no accessories going for $29.00 at the present moment. Not cheap, but better than the usual $200+ sellers usually ask for them. Here's the link if you want it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Monorail-HAUNTED-MANSION-Light-Up-Play-Set-Toy-Loose-/261544149287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce53f0127

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im sooo exited for this news. No trip planned this year but will be going in the fall of 2015. I cant wait to tell my littles, huge Haunted Mansion fans too. I hope it is reminiscent of the old magic shop on Main Street. My favorite store at Disney when I was little.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a couple of pictures of the building that will soon be the Haunted Mansion shop. Those of you who have been to the Magic Kingdom recently might remember that this was previously the shop that sold kitchen and home items (mostly cooking utensils and accessories) and snacks.
DSCN8895.jpg
DSCN8896.jpg

No word yet on whether Disney plans to change the name of the shop. I almost hope they don't as the name fits really well with the colonial port town theme of the area. I assume they will at least change the signage to remove the "Kitchen Needs" portion. They could easily maintain partnership with Smucker's and still sell jellies in the shop as those were always displayed behind the counter anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts